PDA

View Full Version : Suggestions to Improve the Forums

pyrat
11-07-2009, 12:29 PM
Good Morning All. I've been on the forums for about two months now, and I have a couple of ideas that would make the forum surfing experience a little more user-friendly and enjoyable for me. And maybe for you too. Here they are:

1. Add the "Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, Next Last" feature to the "Latest Forum Posts" on the Buell Forum Home Page. Sometimes it's nice just to surf the most current posts, not specifically going into a subsection of posts.

2. In the Member Profile section, add two things. First, the City and State of the member. It would help in networking, and I'm sure I'm not the only one that is curious. And second, either include or add a link to that member's uploaded photos. When someone talks about a mod or two they have done, it would be nice to look at all of the pics of their bike(s) that they have uploaded.

3. In the "Buell XB Forum" section, add a subsection entitled "Group Rides". It would be fun to organized a couple group rides next season (or this winter for those of you fortunate enough to live below the frost line). Everyone is always looking for their next distraction. :)

Let me know what everyone thinks about my ideas, and be sure to add some of your own. If there is enough interest, and the improvements are possible, I'm sure our moderators will do their best to help out.

Buell_Cru
11-07-2009, 02:53 PM
I think they're great ideas. Our local riding forum has a similar setup. Check out http://boiseriders.net

bardo688
11-08-2009, 12:16 AM
love the idea's i would love to know if there are buells in SW Kansas let alone any in kansas lol

buellxb
11-08-2009, 05:08 AM
I'll see what I can do. ;)[up] Check out the new Group Buell Motorcycle Meetings forum I added under "Buell XB Forum"

Hope that's a good enough start.

pyrat
11-08-2009, 10:44 AM
Awesome!!! [up]

Thank You!!!

slywoman
11-09-2009, 12:03 AM
All good suggestions, pyrat.

If I may add one more..... (or perhaps I'm missing it).... add the option on top for 'My posts'. (If you have asked a question, you can see the updates quicker rather than going through a search function.)

buellxb
11-09-2009, 12:59 AM
Working on ALL these upgrades. [up]

xtremelow
11-09-2009, 01:11 AM
[up][up] Cool Bones

Buellysses
11-23-2009, 01:39 PM
Latest Posts Pages: First Prev 1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5 , 6 , 7 ... Next Last

AWESOME! Way to go!

(I hope that hasn't been there too long, just noticed it.) [cool]

browland
11-23-2009, 01:53 PM
Is there a way we can add a poll function to threads?
I'm use to using it on hondatech

henri66
11-23-2009, 07:50 PM
Just a simple mod;
Make the bottom page banner link to the main page, just as the top banner.

Baal
11-24-2009, 06:04 PM
1. Add the "Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, Next Last" feature to the "Latest Forum Posts" on the Buell Forum Home Page. Sometimes it's nice just to surf the most current posts, not specifically going into a subsection of posts.

YO! This one got done! Works great, thanks much!

buellxb
11-24-2009, 10:00 PM
You're all welcome. We are days away from adding the "My Posts" link once logged in. I will have to save up some cash for awhile before I can add new functionality, but it will come.

slywoman
12-04-2009, 01:51 AM
You're all welcome. We are days away from adding the "My Posts" link once logged in. I will have to save up some cash for awhile before I can add new functionality, but it will come.

I haven't been on for a week or 3, but obviously, you got it done!!!!

NICE JOB!!!! Loving the new pieces![up]

Stevenc150
12-07-2009, 04:37 PM
- Could a "Search" option be added so we can choose whether to search the keywords of the Thread Titles OR the Thread Body? I think it'd be a great improvement since the majority of searches, we're looking for keywords in thread titles.

On a side note, Great job Jeremy. The more improvements you make the better BuellXB looks and becomes. [up]

NOMADIC
12-08-2009, 05:19 AM
I would love to be able to upload pictures from my personal files and not the pre-loaded pics from user profile??? only if possible.

buellxb
12-21-2009, 10:28 PM
So what do other forums have that Buellxb.com is missing? I've heard some say that the classifieds are good on badweb. I've also heard many say that they frequent all of the forums. What is Buellxb.com missing that would make anyone choose another forum? I am ready and willing to make the changes and upgrades to make this everyone's #1 destination when they think Buell Forum.

dave_xb12r
12-21-2009, 10:38 PM
I think we need a tuning section. That will bring the hardcore tuning guys around more often. Maybe more detailed personal profile pages with member photo galleries accessible by everyone. Maybe a search function to find other members in our area.

afinley
12-21-2009, 10:46 PM
On the Saab forum I am on, each thread on the forum view has a the name and time of the last post in the thread as well as an icon to go to the last post. I use the hell out of the last post icon. On the threads where people just keep quoting pics (number 1 pet peeve) it helps moving to the bottom fast.

dave_xb12r
12-21-2009, 11:06 PM
Speaking of pet peeves, Please DO NOT add a signature option.

Livers
12-21-2009, 11:20 PM
Pet peeves - signatures, avatars, etc are BS and distract from the content. If folks here need that, then enhance the user profile and host that there.

+1 on the inline photo from local machine if possible.

This is a nice, clean interface - please keep it that way!

mcdonald1983
12-23-2009, 11:04 AM
Just a thought but is it possible to get the section that shows who’s currently signed towards the top of the page instead of way down at the bottom. Often when I'm signed on I want to see who else is and it took me about 3 weeks before I even noticed it way down at the bottom of the page.

buellxb
12-23-2009, 12:19 PM
I will keep things clean. Working on some of these suggestions. Stay tuned.