PDA

View Full Version : Have Ss, want shorter swingarm!

His_and_Her_Buells
08-16-2007, 01:59 AM
OK, after riding Jen's XB9SX a couple of times I like how much better it handles compared to my Long. I know part of the longer wheelbase is in a longer swingarm and part is in the fork rake, but which one has the biggest effect? Will I get improved handling just by switching to a shorter swingarm? and if so I'm assuming I will have to change the belt as well. What do you all think?

BuellPartsGuy
08-16-2007, 07:34 AM
The Long has a completely different frame also. I am not even sure that the swingarm would even retrofit. I will have to do some checking to see if it will fit at all.

LeFox
08-16-2007, 07:45 AM
will change the whole characteristic of the bike...

good or bad, i wouldn't have a clue [smirk]

His_and_Her_Buells
08-16-2007, 08:46 AM
The Long has a completely different frame also. I am not even sure that the swingarm would even retrofit. I will have to do some checking to see if it will fit at all.That would be great, I knew the frame was different due to the extra fuel capacity and different rake, but figured the back of the frame might be the same. I also notice that the shock mount to the swingarm was different so I would likely need to change shock as well.

will change the whole characteristic of the bike...

good or bad, i wouldn't have a clue

I think the biggest change in handling will come from changing the rake, but that's not easily accomplished. This might be a good question for Abe[confused]