PDA

View Full Version : What do the TRF know any way?

AdventureUly
11-08-2009, 08:11 PM
I bought this bike so that I could have some fun on the green lanes and mud tracks... So I went to my local TRF (Trail Riding Fellowship)meeting. They did not laugh, but they may as well have.

They told me that my bike wa too big for that sort of riding (my turn to laugh). So I stayed for ten more mins and rode off into the sunset.

Well I took my Uly off the beaten path today and had, with out doubt, the most fun I have ever had on any motorcycle.

I was riding through puddles that covered my wheels totaly, then muddy paths and over leafy hills. My bike is covered, I love it!

So to the point of this post......

The only thing holding this bike back it the person riding it. I almost came off twice, but I will be going back next week for more. Then it's off to the Lake District as I have been given a couple of maps with lanes that I can ride on.

I will post some photos after next weeks ride.

Get out there!

GatorBuell
11-08-2009, 10:03 PM
You should go back to that meeting with you and the bike covered in dirt and mud. Cant wait to see the photos.

theoctopus
11-08-2009, 10:31 PM
I've found that to be the case for most any bike. I've ridden with guys on 1200GSs that have put guys on DRZ400s to shame...

One guy I know with a 1200GS can do things with that bike I wouldn't even dream of doing on anything but an enduro.

1001yos
11-08-2009, 10:39 PM
Sometimes I think the best looking Uly's are ones covered and caked with mud. I'd go back to the meeting and just have some fun! I bet they would appreciate it!

Pics please!

AdventureUly
11-09-2009, 08:52 AM
I will return to my newly found playground on Sunday, but this time armed with a camera, I may try video too.

Then I will go back to next months TRF meeting and show them what this bike can do!

[cool]

drunk_uncle
11-10-2009, 08:36 AM
Where are you at Adventure Uly? I was on the first and maybe the last Buell Performance Academy Adventure Weekend the first weekend of October. We were in Snodonia(sp?) Park in North Wales UK. It was a great time, even jumped the bike, and played in the mud. These bikes are capable of a hell of alot.

AdventureUly
11-10-2009, 02:50 PM
I am in Southport. About 45 mins from Noth Wales.

I saw your pic's, that made me want to go out even more. I am going out again on Sunday...after I have cleaned my bike.

I like fresh mud.:D