PDA

View Full Version : Motor Quieries

Refresh
08-16-2007, 08:06 AM
Was just wondering, I have about 500miles on my bike now.
When does the motor settle down, or as they say,"start coming into it's own"? still feels a little tight and under powered.

Another thing, is it usual for my fan to come on when I'm sitting at about 70MPH it top gear taking it very easy? weather at the moment in rather chilly.

LeFox
08-16-2007, 08:09 AM
tech questions, please specify what you're riding and the setup.

When does the motor settle down, or as they say,"start coming into it's own"? still feels a little tight and under powered.
round 500 more i would guess...depends on how you are running in.

Another thing, is it usual for my fan to come on when I'm sitting at about 70MPH it top gear taking it very easy? weather at the moment in rather chilly.
how long are you riding at the moment it turns on?

Refresh
08-16-2007, 08:25 AM
Well, I'll rided for about an hour or two and nothing happens. I'll kill the engine, have breakfast and then get going again,, within half an hour it will come on and stay on for the duration of the ride home. weird, because i don't ride hard and purposly try and keep the engine calm with plenty of air blowing through to keep it cool.

Refresh
08-16-2007, 08:26 AM
oh, sorry, I'm riding a 07 XB12S, standard setup with a K&N air filter.

His_and_Her_Buells
08-16-2007, 08:52 AM
I've got 1k on mine now and it just started running the fan less often. Today on a 45 mile trip @ 70-75mph (98 degrees outside) the fan didn't come on at all until I shut it off. First time that happened. I had just picked it up from 1k service where they did a TPS reset due to having a Spec Ops pipe put on recently, but I don't think that would make any difference.

LeFox
08-16-2007, 11:10 AM
i would wait after the engine has run in...you'll see that the fan won't go crazy as much.

the fan keeps running after you shut it down?

if it still goes that long i would get the dealer to take a look at the signal it's getting...

angel
09-21-2007, 09:16 PM
I purchased an air scoop from American Sportbike which balances the look esthetically but it directs the air to the rear cylinder beautifully.The fan came on 50% less often. Let me know if you hear a knocking on deceleration which sounds like it's coming from your cam. That's turned out to be the real bitch!!! Angel