PDA

View Full Version : ever happen to you?

aaronbuell
11-11-2009, 05:36 PM
Took my 98 s3 out last Sunday for a few hours. I stopped to get gas. A guy pulls up to the pump on the otherside of me on a metric cruiser. He says hi nice day for a ride. I replied yep it's been cold lately. He looks right at me and asks me what year HONDA is that. I told him it's a 98 Buell. He replied, Who makes that? Dumbfounded I answered BUELL! This isn't the first time this has happened to me. My tank still reads Buell.

Macbuell
11-11-2009, 05:41 PM
I don't respond to those people. When pumping gas I keep my helmet on and my smoked visor down.

In the altered words of Mickey Avalon, "I just want to ride (Drink) and be left alone".

polkiejoe
11-11-2009, 06:02 PM
I have Harley guys ask me what is a "Buell"???
[down]

50dro
11-11-2009, 06:19 PM
I have Harley guys ask me what is a "Buell"???

Refer to the South Park episode!!:D

South Park (http://www.southparkstudios.com/episodes/251889)

I still giggle when I think about this episode!!

skin
11-14-2009, 06:29 PM
I usually get "Is that a 500?)..just makes me laugh when they here it start up beside them.

konarider94
11-14-2009, 09:45 PM
i like it when people say oh thats such a small cute bike. then i tell them it has a 1200 in it and they are just amazed. my mom was glad i bought such a small bike...lol. my stepdad laughed because my 1200 puts out as much as his big 1340 harley and my bike weighs half as much.

samiam901
11-14-2009, 11:05 PM
Some bible thumpers came to my door today and walked past my bike and asked if it was a Ducati. I guess the BUELL on both sides of the airbox are written in spanish.

okey
11-15-2009, 09:53 AM
i have been asked if my buell is a ducati on 3 occasions.Maybe i should be going around sticking buell decals on monsters and see if word gets around.ohh and its 9pm here and time for my latest ritual..**** you harley davidson.

Supermanrider
11-18-2009, 03:21 AM
i have been asked if it was a ducti a couple times and another time if it was a ninja or a gsxr but the kid was also about 7 or 8 that asked me that

Buellysses
11-18-2009, 01:32 PM
I had some electricians in the shop at work ask me, "So, does that have any 'GO' to it, or is it just loud?"

I happened to be leaving right as he was the next day. I think he re-defined his definition of "GO" and "just loud" he had his window down when I screamed by him at about 6500rpm.

konarider94
11-18-2009, 02:01 PM
I had some electricians in the shop at work ask me, "So, does that have any 'GO' to it, or is it just loud?"

sounds like the words of a man whose wife wont let him get a motorcycle. i would say well we could race but wait, you dont have one. [down]

aaronbuell
11-18-2009, 02:15 PM
I've heard that too, All bark no bite usually said by a cagers. They change thier minds when you drop it a gear or two. I like getting up next to people on the highway when thier on their cell phones wait for the next concrete divider pass them on the left wide open. YOU'VE BEEN BUELLED

mk2_20v
11-18-2009, 03:07 PM
hey aaron would u mind if i stole your slogan there and make some stickers that say you've been buelled?

aaronbuell
11-18-2009, 04:06 PM
Sure I was thinking it would be cool to have some stickers. Let me know if you get some made.

stopie20
11-18-2009, 04:36 PM
In my area its the harley guys that dont know ANYTHING about a buell and the sport bike crowd knows them pretty well. At the local biker bars I get alot of "when are you going to sell that rice rocket and get a real bike?" (Harley implied) and I respond first by laughing at them and then asking them how they decide what a "real" bike is when they cant even recognize the destinct idle that my Buell has? Then I explain, and the response is usually o..oh... I didnt hear it... Of course when my **** is louder than their bone stock 22,000 dollar turd how would they ever hear it???

As far as the wanabe racers go, wheelies trump all and no one will ever argue racing after witnesing a decent 2nd to 3rd gear standie. :p

aaronbuell
11-18-2009, 05:34 PM
stopie
I know what you mean I go to The Harley Rendavous in upsatate NY as a vendor, I normaly park my bike behind our vendor tent (don't want drunks knockin it over) parked it out front this time. The guys next to us kept telling me to let them turn my girls bike into a chopper. It made me laugh I spent most of my 5 days just answering questions about my bike didn't see to many people next door lookin at thier custom built from a catologe chopper. I wonder why?

Sapper
11-22-2009, 07:43 AM
When people are at my house it cracks me up ... I have 2 Buell X1's and an APrilia RSV-R in the garage. I get the WOW nice Ducati's comment all the time ... I guess the huge BUELL RACING banner I have hanging up doesn't mean anything ...

Dusting the cell phone scrubs wide open is very fun ... I agree.

gypsey
12-17-2009, 06:33 PM
Im in nomans land in oz harley riders dont clasifie buell as a harley jap riders call it a harley and has it broken down yet !and when i ride withjap bikes they cant beleve a harley goes so hard thanks eric 4 helping me piss a few riders off .

Devil Car
03-23-2010, 03:09 PM
I'm with you guys... it's crazy that Buell was around for this long and people still don't have a clue!

The worst though is when I end up in a non-Buell HD dealership, and they tell me I should upgrade to an XR1200. That's when I say, "Why should I buy an overweight underpowered bike? My 2002 still made more power stock than that 2010, and it actually handles!"

BKKBuell
03-23-2010, 04:04 PM
... latest update from SEAsia: where did you get the frame for this Monster from??? At least he didn't call she a JapsBike

delta one
03-23-2010, 04:20 PM
a local guy with a stretched hayabusa with chrome and a 300 rear tire was giving me a hard time last summer
him "how many CC's in that cute little bike of yours?"

me "oh I have the small one (he grins a little)
its only 984cc's

him "holy crap! that little thing is a liter bike!"

I get that a lot, cute girls bike why don't you step off the 250 and buy a Gixxer?

so I start it up and his jaw along with the other hecklers drop to the asphalt.

I know I'm on an XB but its the same story all around nobody can read BUELL or knows what they are about even after all these years.

2nastyn8
03-23-2010, 05:58 PM
just the other day
me-a pair of plugs for a 2007 Buell XB12S
parts guy- who makes that sounds italian
me-Its american
parts guy-prolly rare, bet u we dont have them

after a few mins talkin to other parts guy

parts guy-that has a harley 1200 engine in it, it is american!

me- imagine that

delta one
03-25-2010, 03:59 AM
I just had it today, hey is that your Ducati parked out there?

my XB doesn't even have a latter frame.

RT Performance
03-25-2010, 04:34 AM
Wonder why Buell's Didn't sell.
Because Harley didn't advertise them correctly thats why NOBODY knows what they are..
I gotten Nice bike who makes it.is that Italian or a Duc

Not to mention one of the old guys that runs the bike night i frequent called me a want to be one night.(He Rides a fen Honda) My response. I bet mine is more american than your Honda and most the other bikes here since it is Built in troy Wisconsin and every piece was engineered here .
Why when i did my Frame Decals with Buell in it.
I may look like a rolling billboard and still get how makes that But i don't get accused of riding a Duc. or worse a rice bike

Kole_DeWoody
03-25-2010, 04:46 AM
I get the what size is your bike 500 or something? a lot, usually from 600 riders. I just reply no. Its a 1200 one of my cyl is big as your engine.

bardo688
03-25-2010, 02:30 PM
everyone just stares and says WTF but thats western kansas

Alfatango1
03-25-2010, 02:45 PM
They other day a guy leaving Walmart asks what kind of bike is that? I say Buell! He asks, is that made in Europe? No, Milwaukee (Didn't think he'd know where Troy was)I reply. Oh, I thought it sounded like a Harley (Hawk pipe). He smiles and walks away.

I get the Ducati reference a lot too, although I really can't see why.

fordmoco89
03-25-2010, 03:46 PM
Personally I love the attention, good and bad. I really never got a second look on my Honda CBR.

I am very suprised how many "Harley Fanboys" don't know what a buell is considering they spend every waking breath inside the dealerships mechandise shop.

Alfatango1
03-25-2010, 04:05 PM
Wonder why Buell's Didn't sell.
Because Harley didn't advertise them correctly thats why NOBODY knows what they are..
I gotten Nice bike who makes it.is that Italian or a Duc

And to think the idiots bought MV Agusta too.

1stxb9r
03-25-2010, 05:07 PM
I get the Duc comment alot as well, but to be honest i don't mind it. I would rather people mistake my bike for a Duc than a squidworth Gixxer or CBR. Ducs are in some ways very similar to Buells, they are made with race intentions, some what rare, and in my opinion wonderfully engineered, attractive bikes.

lawdog
03-25-2010, 08:30 PM
I ride an 09 XB12R and feel so left out. The Harley riders tell me to get a real bike. The sportbike riders snub me cause I ride a Harley. Where is the love! [confused] In my area I have only seen one Buell, a lighting, rolling around. I was working and stopped him at the gas station to ask him questions about it. Ended up going to buy my own bike. The most fun bike I have ever owned!

Bolt
03-25-2010, 08:56 PM
Most harley riders I run into know what I'm riding.Last time one got off his bike next to my 12R and yelled 'bitchin!' he loved it ,wich amazed me.
People can't beleive there's a 1203 in my girls scg either!
Weather people recognize these bikes or not-they always catch alot of attention.
Lawdog-props to you for being an individual in your area-and riding a REAL bike! ;)

redliner172
03-25-2010, 09:07 PM
I was at a dealership and a guy asks, "is that GPR for stunting?" and "Why didn't you get a crotch rocket?" I simply said, "What the **** are you talking about?" then stared at him and then continued talking about the body work. Ignorance....pure ingorance.

Bolt
03-25-2010, 09:10 PM
In this case ignorance ain't bliss-it's missing out!

DoubleD
03-25-2010, 09:13 PM
I haven't gotten any confusion yet, but there are 2 other Buell guys in our club, and it's a college town so the young folks tend to know their bikes a bit more. Most people have heard of them but haven't really seen one up close.

Last weekend in my hometown I dropped by an old friend's house, who happens to room with another friend of mine. When the other buddy got home after dark he said to me "when I saw it at first I wanted to know who thought it was ok to park a damn rice rocket in my driveway, but then I realized that it was a Buell! you can park that here anytime."

Bolt
03-25-2010, 09:17 PM
[up][up]

Nuage420b
03-25-2010, 09:22 PM
Lol, I need some "Here's your sign" cards for that damn "who makes it?" question. That or the right to dummy slap people. I had an idea for a bitch slap card, every one in america get's one providing they pass the "I'm not a ****ing idiot exam". It will allow you 3 bitch slaps a year, you deliver the blow, the recipient initials off for which ever slap that may of been and you go about your day.

bguinn
03-25-2010, 11:09 PM
I get the
"What kind of bike is that, is that a Ducati?"
all the time.
One guy had heard of a Buell but never seen one. His comment was "I bet that was expensive, I don't ever see those around."
All I could think was not much more than your CBR 600, but what I said was not as bad as you would think.

redliner172
03-27-2010, 04:30 PM
I love bike nights cause very few people can figure what I ride. Sure it doesnt look MUCH like an 1125R anymore but you can still tell it is. BUELL FTW!!!!!