PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Running the Factory "Rider Comfort Kit" ECM Re-Map?

rodie81
11-11-2009, 05:44 PM
Buell'rs,

Curious if anyone is running the new ECM map that accompanies the "Rider Comfort Kit".

I understand this map alters the fan operation. I'm wondering what else this might change to better enhance auxiliary cooling and/or minimize excess heating. Could it possibly modify the factory Air/Fuel values? I assume the stock (and EPA approved) lean setting is a major contributing factor for high engine temp. If the new map plays with more than fan operation are there changes to power/torque output, fuel consumption, etc?

Any observations that those of you running this map might have would be welcome.

Thanks Guys!

-Rodie

bbletterin
11-14-2009, 11:33 AM
I have the kit installed, helps a little with the right leg cooking, but still gets hot (cool weather here now so just right) the fan tends to run more when moving & cut off when slowing and stopping. I still get a induction backfire at times when bliping throtal to take off, but better than it was.Not a real noticable differance any other times.

1001yos
11-14-2009, 11:52 AM
Pretty sure It will have nothing to do with performance as this is the "comfort kit". Possibly will extend the life of the cooling fan as it will run less at higher speeds.
As for the difference in stock vs comfort ecm mapping, I am not sure. The fan logic needs to be verified and fully explained.

ericry
01-28-2010, 04:52 PM
I've a comfort kit on my 2008 XB12XT but opted not to get the ECM re-map as it appears to make the fan run continually once you go over 18mph and then stop when you slow down or stop....logic would indicate it should do the opposite...thats why I didnt get it done....my bike still has the fan running for a bit when I turn it off....kind of quirky and I like it !!

Eric.

Xtc76x
02-03-2010, 01:02 PM
I have the kit, I love it, I don't think there is any reason not to have one or something similar. Also ehe ECM re-map is only for the 2008 and up bikes.