PDA

View Full Version : New lady Bueller

slywoman
11-11-2009, 11:23 PM
New to the Buell family, but been riding for a couple years. Can't tell you how much I LOVE the new XP I got.... and yes, (saw the rants, don't disagree with y'all.... I'd be upset too) but I got it at 1/2 priced!!!! (HD is/are IDIOTS for letting Buell go out of business, but I can't turn down a deal. Would've gotten two if I had the $$.)

The Buell is my second motorcycle; put about 7-8K miles on the 2 of them this summer. Hoping to get more riding in before the end of the year.... with heated grips, I'm sure I will.

Will keep reading through the posts.... very interesting.

(*SUB/SIDENOTE: Everyone does seem pretty friendly here, but I'm still looking for an answer to the Comfort Kit/ ECM mapping (setup). If anyone's done it, drop me a note.

[smirk]http://www.buellxb.com/buell_images/5100_20091107151852_L.jpg

03Firebolt9R
11-11-2009, 11:32 PM
Welcome Slywoman...I wish I could answer your question regarding the comfort kit, but I do not have a Uly so I do not any first hand experience. Congrats on the Buell.

JOEL9
11-12-2009, 12:09 AM
welcome slywoman! looks like you got your bike all set up for the long haul. i think the you can get the a new download that works w/ the comfort kit from any harley dealer. don't know how it works though. i thought i saw in the uly section that someone had it. ride safe[up] (heated grips are the goods!)

toddb3
11-12-2009, 01:59 AM
Welcome! I wish I could answer your question about the comfort kit but I can tell you that after I added the right side scoop to my Firebolt it made a world of difference in cooling it down.

JOEL9
11-12-2009, 02:09 AM
so, after a little research i found out that the uly comfort kit w/ new ecm flash works like this- the fan operates according to engine temp and the speed you are going. the faster you move the faster the fan runs to direct the hot air out the back of the bike not out the side of the seat, the fan constantly running helps prevent this beacause the stopped blades are not preventing the air from flowing, the new larger scoop & undertail duct also help move more air over the motor and out the back. i have read that the fan runs all the time when you are riding, cycles down a little when you slow & doesn't run when you shut it down. probably no help at all to you but i'm trying to learn to type better and faster so this really helped me out, thanks :D

Stevenc150
11-12-2009, 03:22 AM
Awesome, welcome to the Forum Slywoman. :D[up] Congrats on the bike and have fun!

LeFox
11-12-2009, 09:14 AM
welcome to the forum

have fun & ride safe! ;)

slywoman
11-19-2009, 02:25 AM
so, after a little research i found out that the uly comfort kit w/ new ecm flash works like this- the fan operates according to engine temp and the speed you are going. the faster you move the faster the fan runs to direct the hot air out the back of the bike not out the side of the seat, the fan constantly running helps prevent this beacause the stopped blades are not preventing the air from flowing, the new larger scoop & undertail duct also help move more air over the motor and out the back. i have read that the fan runs all the time when you are riding, cycles down a little when you slow & doesn't run when you shut it down. probably no help at all to you but i'm trying to learn to type better and faster so this really helped me out, thanks

JOEL9 - THANKS for the info.

The bike has been running better, but I think I'll have to take it in to get that done..... we DID get the comfort kit on (and when I say we.... mostly my husband, but he wouldn't let me leave...so I pitched in. It was interesting getting that sucker done [under-seat piece] RH scoop was ...3 screws.)

I've also been debating about taking off all the bags. I LOVE them, but as a wife, I am also the pack mule... make it sportier and I'll just add them back for long rides when I need them. Is it mean to make him carry his own crap? LOL Why does he get to be cool and I get to be the mule..... EEEE-AWW, EEE-AWWW..... hhhhhhheeeeckkkk no! :-)

Then again, I suspect the bags tend to keep him OFF it. Might have to just hide my keys.

Thanks guys!

afinley
11-19-2009, 04:01 AM
If you do anything off road, youll probaly want to leave them on. They help in the event of a tip over.

But yes, I would make him carry his own stuff.