PDA

View Full Version : Chain drive conversion

JohnnyS999
11-13-2009, 07:15 AM
I'm not so sure about the belt drive yet. Does it cause the buzzing vibration I experience on excelleration?

The rear sprocket is hugh, alongwith the upper and lower chain guard.

Just curious, but I wonder how much or what does it entail to convert to a chain drive?

LeFox
11-13-2009, 07:37 AM
there are kits available...but then you would be like everybody else

the beltdrive alone is something that draws the attention, it's also less hastle compared to a chain ;)

JohnnyS999
11-13-2009, 07:47 AM
I hear you on the maintenance issue. Kind of nice to you don't have to do anything to the belt. You said like everybody else, is converting that common?

BTW, can you edit your posts here?[confused]

Kole_DeWoody
11-13-2009, 02:08 PM
No he means like every other brand of bike, And no it does not cause buzzing. It one of the most quite drives there is, there is also no lash, and basiclly no maintenance usually will last twice as long as a chain and you dont have to replace sprockets when you change it.
The bikes transmission is geared to go with that gearing so thats why it looks so big.
The only reason to go to a chain is if you are a track racer and want easier gearing changes otherwise not really worth it.

Stevenc150
11-13-2009, 02:08 PM
He means your bike will be like every other sportbike on the road if you go chained.

For a short time after you make the actual post, Yes, you can edit posts. Then, after that time period expires, it's a No.

toddb3
11-13-2009, 07:05 PM
Its taken me a while to overcome my fears of the belt drive but I would like the option to change sprockets/drive ratios. I've seen the complete chain conversion which is expensive but has anyone pieced a conversion together themselves?

JohnnyS999
11-13-2009, 07:55 PM
OK, thanks for the info, I'm staying with the belt drive. Which reminds me, I have to go out and clean and lube my Multistrada chain.

otto
12-20-2009, 01:13 PM
Is there a kit to lower the gearing and stay with the belt ?
I can not see much with the mirrors any ideas?

loose1
12-20-2009, 04:24 PM
If you have a 12 you can put in 9 primary gear and chain. I think it gives you a 11% lower gearing.
Matt

thumpinhard
05-09-2011, 01:43 PM
I hear the bike will top out around 120 mph then.
Much quicker..I am. Looking for an xb 9 drive if anybody has one..there is one on e bay with 20k on it..

Mike Van V
05-10-2011, 03:34 PM
loose1 -

This is an 1125CR thread...has nothing to do with the XB bikes...!

For fixing the buzzing mirrors...use silicone to bond the mirror glass to the mirror housing.
Works great.
I can see behind my CR just fine now.

Johnny -
The buzzing you may be noticing...may be from the fuel maps being incorrect.
I know when I adjust an area too rich, the bike "buzz's" or vibrates a little oddly, along with the vibrating of the tach needle.
Lean it down, it should go away.

Mike