PDA

View Full Version : rear stand spools, what stand will fit?

JohnnyS999
11-19-2009, 07:00 AM
My 1125CR came with somewhat weak looking stand spools attached to the swingarm. What kind of stand fits these since one of my Pit Bull stands with the hooks doesn't fit.

I saw a Cycle Cat read stand for sale on another site with smaller spool hooks, I wonder if that will work. Or are those stock spools there for show and you have to upgrade them?

theoctopus
11-19-2009, 07:06 AM
What doesn't fit about the stock spools?

JohnnyS999
11-20-2009, 08:09 PM
The stock spools look like they would work, but they are fairly small and my rear lifting Pit Bull is just too big(upper part of the hook are too long). I currently use the Pit Bull to lift my 999R, the spool on it are more robust in size and strength. I suppose there is a stand for it, I like having the swingarm spools instead of the axle ones for rear wheel changing.

Bottom line, I'm looking to other 1125 owners to post their recommendation as to what they are using.

Baal
11-21-2009, 04:35 AM
The size of the spool shouldn't matter, unless it could slip sideways out of the slot in your stand. The size of the mounting stud is what will determine the strength. The spools on my Triumph are 3/4" or smaller. If you're concerned, call PitBull and order a pair of their spools.

JohnnyS999
11-21-2009, 05:13 AM
I found the solution to the problem. There are many appropriate spools on the market that are stronger, longer and have a stop on both ends of the spool. I think I might go with the dual purpose slider/spool product. The spool is secured by a 6mm stud, kind of wish it was an 8mm or 10mm though. The longer spools should allow me to use the Pit Bull.

vosnick52
11-26-2009, 05:04 PM
I am in the same boat but I have the reversable pit bull with the rubber on the other side of the hooks. I have been using the rubber side but the hooks are easier at the track :)

Kidder
11-26-2009, 11:45 PM
I ended up buying the Pitbull stand that is made for the 09 CR. It was pricey but it will last forever. I already have a standard spool stand and front stand. I'm a big fan of their products.

I'll take pics tomorrow of the bike on the stand.

Kidder
11-27-2009, 07:11 PM
http://www.juddemerson.com/Buell/Pit_Buell2_med.jpg

http://www.juddemerson.com/Buell/Pit_Buell_med.jpg

http://www.juddemerson.com/Buell/left_rear_med2.jpg

vosnick52
11-28-2009, 01:50 AM
I am going to call pit bull and see if I can buy just the hooks. That's a good solution.

JohnnyS999
11-28-2009, 05:04 AM
Umm,
I didn't know they built one specifically for the CR. I can't tell you how many Pit Bulls I've bought and sold over the last 6 years, I just sold my single sided swingarm model the other day. Instead of buying another spendy Pit Bull, I think I might opt for the GPI Industries stand because for $109 (so-called blem) you can buy both the front and back stands. People say they are good stands.

Kidder
11-28-2009, 12:17 PM
I will take a pic today comparing the regular spooled stand to the one made for the CR.