PDA

View Full Version : Buying A Buell.. Have Questions

NL90
08-21-2007, 10:36 PM
I am happy to say that I am buying a Buell! I found an 03'XB9S with great miles and also has some extra stuff.. First off I was wondering how the Jardine Exhaust sounds? I have been told by the seller that it sounds great! I would like another input on it. He has also installed Dobeck Performance Fuel Injection Module. I was wondering if that helps the bike out any. He has a K&N Air Filter also. He told me that bike runs great and will leave a stock XB9S sitting on the line.. I was just wondering what every one though about the add ons to the bike. One more question.. Would an ECM help me out with Performance any? (seller told me he did not have one and bike hasn't been on a dyno)

Thanks Everyone

-Neil

His_and_Her_Buells
08-21-2007, 11:53 PM
Some think the Jardine is too loud but most who have it love it. I have no knowledge on the Dobeck. But with a Jardine and K&N you could always pick up a race ecm or get a stock one and remap it.

NL90
08-22-2007, 12:49 AM
Thanks a lot [up]

LeFox
08-22-2007, 07:33 AM
search the forum for this...there are tons of topics about the jardine with great input.

;)

BigRedWood
09-02-2007, 03:34 AM
Dobeck kicks ass. It is a power commander on crack. If you want to get the best out of your bike it is a great mod. Somewhat easy to use.(as long as it still has the instructionsw/ it.) The jardine is loud, but the performance is awesome. and the K&N is a simple mod thats performane doesn't outweight its convience.

buelltool
09-17-2007, 11:57 PM
Sounds like some pretty good mods to me...and I've got a 9....:( soon to get a 12...:D