PDA

View Full Version : Couple mods I want done

paulr
11-21-2009, 07:36 AM
I'd like a few bar end mirror recomendations with some pics if you can. I want some good mirrors that don't do the shake thing like the stocks do. Also is there an affordable chin fairing available[confused]. I love the way the chin fair looks on the bikes i've seen online. I'm gona get a pipe from Randy at hawk performance so that part's done and where can I get a fender eliminator kit that looks good but won't break the bank. Thank you gentlemen.[cool]

nilla
11-21-2009, 09:40 AM
i had the CRG lane splitters, and liked em better than the e-bay ones. even though the hinge lets em shake a bit more than the solid stem, it will save the mirror from snapping off. money well spent.
i tried cat-eye bicycle bar ends, they are not meant for 60+ mph, but will work.
currently runing third-eye bicycle bar ends. hold up to the wind, vibes are tolerable, and the price cant be beat. easy to adjust, you'll hafta get used to looking down that far.

the lolipops shake like nothing else, so any bar-end will be an upgrade.
;)

i think you may be SOL for a cheap chin farring, for a while, at least. somebody'll buy one and start making fiber glass molds in their garage.

i talked to randy last week about an 1125 muffler. sounded to me like he hadn't even started on it. he said he'd give me a call as soon as he gets one "up to his standards" i read that as; it's gonna be a while.
i am not holding my breath or even getting my hopes up for anyone to make a modded stock pipe after seeing the hack-job-saga threads. i might just have to get used to the sound of rushing wind.

Stevenc150
11-22-2009, 01:12 AM
where can I get a fender eliminator kit that looks good but won't break the bank.Randy will mod yours (tail chop) for next-to-nothing - or so I've heard.

JohnnyS999
11-22-2009, 04:05 AM
I'm also in the mod research mode. Slim pickens is all I can say, not used to that coming from Ducati. Its understandable though, have to make the best of it. However, I'm working with an individual who has the means to help in this regard, hes already in the aftermarket business in a big way. A couple things I've been discussing with him in terms of starting a project is light weight wheels and carbon fiber bits, and even the possibility of carbon fiber wheels. The front wheel design on the Buell discourages what you can do routinely with other brands. Light weight wheels is the no hassle best performance enhancement in my book. I see a bunch of other stuff that would be popular with the 1125 owners. Making them quality and affordable would be the obvious key. Hopefully in time we can make some of it a reality.

BTW, can someone describe the chin strap? What is it? Also, what are the details on the muffler mod? I've seen a number of different models available. Are you talking about modifying the stock stovepipe? That thing has got to go, its the one cosmetic complaint I have in regards to the overall appearance of the 1125. Further, I haven't seen a 2 and 2 exhaust system, its all 2 to 1. Is that because of cost? I think maybe the 2 and 2 would sound better and look better too. For some reason most of the exhaust mods I've seen look homemade to me, not good. Yet anything is better than the stock stovepipe.

dave_xb12r
11-22-2009, 04:20 AM
http://www.buellxb.com/buell_images/1832_20091011185631_L.jpg

I've got some brand new CRGs for sale. $165 shipped.