PDA

View Full Version : Any Triumph Riders Here?

shooter4886
08-27-2007, 05:02 PM
Just looking to see if there are any Triumph riders here? Looking for Pro's & Con's of the Triumph Sprint ST vs the Buell Firebolt XB12.

LeFox
08-27-2007, 07:21 PM
wrong question...

Q: any X triumph riders here? :p

BuellPastor
08-27-2007, 09:30 PM
Both are great bikes. A little different purpose for each though. One is a sport touring bike (heavy on sport) and the other is sport. I have ridden both. I prefer the Buell for so many reasons from its v-twin, seat height, tight turns, both have excellent brakes, uniqueness (though the Triumph is different than most) and the dead on reliability of a Buell. I was looking at a Sprint ST, really liked it too, but after riding a Buell 12S, I never looked back. When I ride the Buell, almost no one knows what it is and it isn't for their lack of trying. They stare and stare - even most Harley guys have no clue what it is.

tbramich
08-27-2007, 09:42 PM
funny because this is the BUELL forum
triumph are heavy and slow

shooter4886
08-28-2007, 12:15 AM
funny because this is the BUELL forum

I know this is the Buell forum. I am posting here as I want TRUE advice from those that have ridden the Triumph Sprint ST and switched to Buell, or vice versa.
It's easy to walk into a dealer and ask "What can you tell me about your bike you are selling? Now, what can you tell me about the pros & cons of buying your brand vs the other?" This stumps ALL SALESMAN!!!

So again, I'm looking for the positive feedback from those that ride to ride. Not those who are out to make the $ becuase that is what their job is......make sales.

MrOrange
08-28-2007, 02:13 AM
Check Out the British Limeys and Hog Owners Too(BLHOT) club of Oklahoma. http://members.cox.net/blhot/ They are a good bunch of guys that have a lot of brit bikes new and old.

shooter4886
08-28-2007, 02:25 AM
Thxs Mr Orange :) [up]

fez
08-28-2007, 03:25 AM
never got a chance to ride one but i lusted after a triumph speed triple for years.

until i saw a black XB12S a few months ago. i bought the Buell and couldnt be happier.

1001yos
09-05-2007, 03:49 AM
Yes, I am a triumph rider

I drive a 2003 speed four. Kinda like a speed triple except only 600cc and a little lighter. I yearned for a buell xb9s or a xb12s for the longest time. This year, I test drove buells at a harley shop in london ontario. (i live in sarnia) I loved the look of the Buell. Absoultely stunning. Stop and stare, and stare, and stare. Totally different than any other bike out there. period. Torque and hp were adequate and more than what I had on my Speed four. The handling was better, but compareable on the lightning. The firebolt was AGRESSIVE, and I liked it the most.

Buell downside? Vibration. Thats it. Less pronounced on the xb9s

I do not own a buell, but would like to own a firebolt 9, 12 or 1125. I'm a bit of a purist, so a 9 or 12 would be fine.

nuf said from this new canuk.

P.S. Yes, I would swap in a second