PDA

View Full Version : Able to power Heated Grips?

Korruptor
08-27-2007, 09:47 PM
Is the Blast electrical system able to power a set of heated grips without problems?

I have the kind of heated grips where you stick the heating element to the bar/throttle, and then put the grips over top installed on my Kawasaki KLR.

Can the Blast handle that same kind of setup?

The sort of thing I want to put on is like this:

Like This (http://www.dual-star.com/index2/Rider/heated_grip_kit1.htm)
Says that it's a 12-volt system & draws 36 watts.

MrOrange
08-28-2007, 02:21 AM
If my math is right that should be only 3 Amps or so, I don't think that it would be any big problem for its' charging system. Give BPG a shout, he might have access to the books that give the electrical systems specs. Also I believe that His and Hers used to have a pair of Blasts. Good Luck

BuellPartsGuy
08-28-2007, 06:22 AM
The factory charging system is good enough to support heated grips with no worries. Let us know how the install goes :)

Korruptor
08-28-2007, 12:16 PM
Good to know. thanks for the help! I'll do the install when I get some time and let you know how it works out.
[up]

MylesC
01-06-2010, 09:10 PM
Do you have a good site for heated grips? Occasionally I commute 166 miles to work and that owuld make the ride oh-so-nicer!

fahren
01-07-2010, 12:48 AM
Check out Polly Grips. They make a heating element that goes inside the bars, so no need to remove or replace your grips. They make one model for snowmobiles (too hot) and another one for bikes. They will fit even if you have bar end weights or mirrors.
http://www.pollyheaters.com/ph400.htm
You can hook up the wiring with a relay so you can only have the heaters on when the bike is on (and can't drain your battery if you forget to turn them off).

hdwrenchtx
01-07-2010, 01:22 AM
dont know about the blast handlebar diameter but the inner on the 1125cr is half an inch or so. I drilled mine out a little with a 9/16 bit to install something.

matt4068xb
06-21-2010, 08:45 PM
those polly heaters look like the ticket. i'll be grabbing those for sure to outfit on my 12r. thanks for the heads up on those.