PDA

View Full Version : New CR Bad ECM

kuuud
11-30-2009, 02:10 PM
finally had a chance to travel the 300 miles to pick up the new bike when I went 'home' for the holidays. Bike ran fine when I left the dealer but the check engine light stayed on. After a few restarts, the light was still on so I returned to the dealer. They took it right in. After a shop visit and a 20 mile test ride, they pronounced it OK. Said it was a historic code and couldn't find anything wrong. I rode the bike a good bit after that; starting it while still warm after every stop. Finally it sat long enough for the 'cold' message to flash and the check engine light wouldn't go out. Bike also ran very rough below 4000 RPM.

Called dealer today. Tech said don't even bother to bring it in for a week as they need to order a new ECM. He has seen this before. (Bike was made in May 09) I'll ask about the latest reflash at that time. I'm not gonna change the pipe for a while or at least until 'we' have a lot more info on what works best.

kuuud
12-14-2009, 06:52 PM
I'm happy to report a new ECM was installed with the 152 flash and the bike runs great.

GatorBuell
12-14-2009, 10:02 PM
Good deal, I think the buell ECMs are a low point in these bikes.

Stevenc150
12-15-2009, 02:42 AM
Wow, that was fast for a dealership? Good to hear. Who's the dealership so they get some credit for caring.

kuuud
12-15-2009, 05:37 PM
Schaeffer's HD Orwigsburg, PA In and out in 35 minutes.

millenniumx1
12-17-2009, 12:48 AM
Happy to hear it worked out ... It's too cold to ride my '09R, so I've taken to trolling both the R and CR sections just to hear stories from those that can!

Mike