PDA

View Full Version : Electrical Accessory plug

sleepwalkbuddha
12-31-2006, 12:25 AM
I have a 2005 XB9SX and I have installed heated handgrips, but I haven't wired them yet. It's damn cold outside and I need some tips. Cutting to the chase, I've noticed what appears to be an accessory plug-in under the seat. I'd like to simply find the appropriate connector and plug it into that. But my local Buell mechanic knows nothing of it when I went in to ask. He recommended I tap into one of the hot wires from the signals or headlight. This seems so problematic cutting into the master wiring harness to find the thin hot wire among many. Does anyone know what that extra accessory plug-in under the seat is and how I can find the appropriate hook-up? I've been to the Buell shop, autoparts, and hardware stores to no avail. Meanwhile Seattle is brutally cold on my hands.

BuellPartsGuy
12-31-2006, 06:21 AM
The plug under your seat is for the battery tender. It is an always hot wire. I dont know of another way other than to tap into a hot ignition wire in the harness to wire in your grips

sleepwalkbuddha
01-03-2007, 05:18 PM
Ah, thanks. I couldn't find info on it in my owners manual, but probably because I was looking for "electrical accessory." I guess I'll wire it the dirty way. Thanks for your help.