PDA

View Full Version : Increasing 2006 Ulysses Steering Lock

StarFire
12-03-2009, 08:11 PM
Good day,

I have 2006 Ulysses, great bike, so far I have only had 2 issues with it,

Fixed the problem, being vertically challenged, of the seat height, I ordered the lower seat.

2nd issue is the steering radius or lock, I don't know how many time I have nearly dumped the bike inside my underground parking and other places between because I was expecting to turn sharper and couldn't.

I have started looking for ways around this but no one else seems to have done this.

I can only think of finding a machine shop that might be able to do some custom work, however this could get more expensive than I could afford.

Anyone have any ideas about this problem?

Derek (Vancouver BC)
:(

StarFire
02-08-2010, 07:36 PM
I found a local custom bike shop that will do some millwork to increase the turning radius issue (feature hahaha) for about $500 CDN.

I figure that would be good investment, since it looks like I am going to keep 2006 Ulysses. As it is there are a ton of 06 Uly's out there for pretty cheap. If I ever get another Uly I can do the same thing again.

LL7
03-10-2010, 05:12 PM
Just install the 2008 upper and lower trpple trees. its a direct bolt on. the ony things are the steering lock on the ignition will require a longer pin, and if you use your stock forks the wheelbase will be about 1/2 longer, but they say the longer wheel base makes it feel more stable at high speed.

hogs
04-13-2010, 11:45 AM
is it upper and lower I had thought just one of them had to be changed?

kalifornia
04-13-2010, 02:28 PM
why can't you just file the lower tabs off a bit? for free