PDA

View Full Version : 1125R recalls

triple7
12-04-2009, 06:40 AM
Hello, I have had 4 differant Harleys but was sick of no matter how much I put into them I was always upside down in what they were worth/owed. So I went to Boise and traded my harley in for a new 08 1125R for $6500.00!! Its way more fun than any of my harleys ever thought of being. Since I found your site I have been searching everything I can about the 1125R. I was worried about some of the recalls. I called my dealer and he said recalls are vin# specific. Is this true? How do I find out if I need to worry about the 5th gear problem or clutch leak on my specific bike?

maybebuell
12-04-2009, 11:07 AM
dont forget about the cam chain tensioner problem it starts to disintegrate, blocking oil lines causing motor lockup ...

agfish18
12-04-2009, 01:44 PM
Time... If it was a 2008, it has more than likely had the recalls done to it as I am fairly certain that dealers have to complete all recall work prior to delivery to the seller. When I bought my 08, the dealer had to re-route the fuel run off and do a couple other things before I could even take possession. as for the clutch leak, it is just a weep, and I noticed mine leaking about a month after I purchased it, had it fixed (free of charge) and havent had a problem since.

triple7
12-04-2009, 03:27 PM
Thank you for your responces. I did not know about the cam chain deal. Is that for all Buells or just 08s or just certain vin#s? My dealer said there were no open recalls for my bike. They did the fuel vent hose rerout, the brake line rerout, and the ecm remap. But he said there was no recall for the 5th gear problem or clutch leak for my specific bike. I'm a little worried about the 5th gear thing so I hope he is right.

mk2_20v
12-04-2009, 03:30 PM
just ride the poop out of it like it was designed for and address the problem when it comes[cool]

maybebuell
12-06-2009, 06:31 PM
Thank you for your responces. I did not know about the cam chain deal. Is that for all Buells or just 08s or just certain vin#s? My dealer said there were no open recalls for my bike. They did the fuel vent hose rerout, the brake line rerout, and the ecm remap. But he said there was no recall for the 5th gear problem or clutch leak for my specific bike. I'm a little worried about the 5th gear thing so I hope he is right.

I would think for the first year model ..im sure they would not sell a bike if the problem was not fixed or part replaced..it was a safety issue..ride it and enjoy it

xtremelow
12-06-2009, 08:14 PM
All you need to do is get ahold of the dealer and have them find the customer service number for Buell, unless you can find it and call.

All you do is give them the VIN number and they can tell you if the recalls have been done or need to be yet.