PDA

View Full Version : HD mechanics wrenching on an 1125R?

midlifecrisis
08-29-2007, 10:37 PM
Knowing what we know about HD dealers and our XB's, what can we look forward to when we gotta bring in a liquid cooled, multi-valve sportbike for knuckledraggin' Zeke to fix? I'm a little worried. Waddya think?

maybebuell
08-30-2007, 01:02 AM
I think theres going to be big problems with parts ...warranty ..and the willing and know how to work on the motors..they have a hard time trouble shooting the standard buells now ,,once it goes in the shop the riding season will be over before anyone gets it back

BuellPartsGuy
08-30-2007, 01:22 AM
Well first off, the estimated first arrivals of the 1125R isnt even until almost Christmas. There is only actually 4 in existence right now and they are all being torn apart to photograph for all the service manuals. Second, just like the XB's, it will be available, depending on the size of the dealership, that they can send up to 5 people to the class at the factory to learn all the serivces ont he 1125R. How well they pay attention, teach others once they come back from the class, and how much they actually give a damn is going to be a the determining factor in whether they will work well with the new style bikes or not. Also, we are the only people neglected when it comes to getting your bike serviced at a Harley dealer. The V-Rod guys are in the exact same boat. Not a tech out there likes to work on them, we never stock parts for them, and they even have a H-D bar and shield on them. All we can do is wait and see.

LeFox
08-30-2007, 06:56 AM
don't expect to many problems from a rotax engine :p

and depending on dealer's interest in racing, i think they will hire people that already have the knowhow to work on that type of engine.

slwglide
08-30-2007, 11:29 PM
I never had really good service from the dealer. But the one time I brought my dyna in for a down load it was done in 5 min. at a cost of 195 bucks. I complained about that too. So never take your bike to the dealer and plan on being a happy camper. At this time almost every middle aged bald gotee sporting man is buying a harly, so they don't seem to care about repeat customers. I just hope my buell is as reliable as it says in this forum.

midlifecrisis
08-31-2007, 12:22 AM
My bike went in last Monday (20 August)for scheduled service and they found my right fork slider was bent and oilless. They told me today that the part is on backorder till 05 Sept so now I'll be bikeless for a minimum of another week. My $300 FXRG jacket's zipper died after 6 months, I bought a brand new XB12R and was told too bad on you about the jacket and now I can't get a part for 2 1/2 weeks!?[mad][confused] What, are the ChiComs shipping it?! Do they want me to go Jap? I saw a real nice Tuono the other day...

LeFox
08-31-2007, 07:07 AM
midlife,

order it yourself from a euro dealer, you'll have it in a week...

midlifecrisis
08-31-2007, 12:15 PM
Well, when I ordered a nice 2 into 1 exhaust for my Sportster last fall, they ordered the wrong one (mine was a 2000, the kid in parts ordered for an '04), I told them never mind, don't order the right one, and they were gracious enough to give me store credit. I'm sure they'd charge me for it and I'd have an extra fork leg but I can't afford that. If I get an 1125R I'm gonna have to find a different dealer and hope they are better. Or maybe just take it to a KTM dealer...

slwglide
08-31-2007, 08:33 PM
Or maybe just take it to a KTM dealer...

Thats a great idea. Maybe give them a call and see if they will work on them. It may just be a good enough reason to trade in the XB on a 1125R.

Stylie420
09-10-2007, 07:53 AM
I'm new to buell, 08xb12r, had an option to get a 1125r but decided against getting one the first year they're out, also not a big fan of how they look.

i'm kind of used to the HD waiting period. I've had a vrod for about five years now, its been in the shop twice. Once i got rear ended, 9000 in damage didn't have my bike for about six months, and more recently it was parked and some douche backed into it poked a hole in my engine case. I told them after four months that i wanted my bike back, and am still waiting on a part, cosmetic of course. said i won't get it until november, i would've been without a bike all season.

midlifecrisis
09-10-2007, 12:26 PM
Someone hit my parked XB12R and bent my fork slider. Today is three weeks w/out my bike [mad]