PDA

View Full Version : trying to learn a little

zzkirb
12-31-2006, 07:20 PM
I haven't owned a bike for 15 years. Last was a goldwing. I'm looking for a little commuter bike and like the looks of the blast, but can't seem to find any honest evaluation of the bike. The resale on these seem to be low. Does that indicate problems?

buellxb
01-01-2007, 11:05 PM
The Buell blast has the best MPG rating. It's a low cost, low maintenance Buell.

Swordsman
01-16-2007, 03:10 PM
The older models seemed to have a lot of problems, mostly related to oil leakage and consumption. I think that tarnished their reputation early on. From what I've heard, ALL Buells tend to have a lower resale (we're just not that popular [sad]), thus the smallest of the pack is doomed to be at the bottom of the barrel. They're supposed to be super-easy to work on, though. I'd love to have one myself, but I think I'd look goofy on it... being 6' on such a low bike just looks odd. :p They look awesome with a few mods, like larger rear wheels and aftermarket fairings!

~SM

ezblast
01-17-2007, 03:29 AM
2003 and up are bullet proof!
GT - JBOTDS! EZ

stifler
05-16-2007, 10:55 AM
"ALL Buells tend to have a lower resale" ...... Hey man my arse! Have you done any research on Buells at all man!!??? Cause that statement stinks of ignorance. The Buell Firebolt XB12R is one of the most solid money holding bikes on the road.

ezblast
05-20-2007, 09:03 PM
Blasts most always resale between 2000 and 3000 dollars - fact. Your always better off keeping your Blast as backup and project bike.
GT - JBOTDS! EZ[cool]