PDA

View Full Version : New Buell convert

alemonkey
09-01-2007, 04:04 AM
Hi everyone,

I've been a Jap bike rider for about 15 years, but about 5 years ago I got married, started a family, and sold off all my bikes :( .

So, the wife and I went to Vegas a few weeks ago and decided to rent a bike at the Harley dealership and do some touring. We settled on the Ulysses....

I'm sold. I am definitely going to buy one of these - it was hands down the best bike I have ever ridden. I never thought I'd buy a bike made in America, but I'm absolutely in love with this thing. It's not the fastest thing I've ever ridden, but I've never ridden a bike that was comfortable riding at 85 mph on the highway, but could still take 15 mph curves at 40 mph with 2 people. I've never had so much fun on a bike. My wife was a little cranky when we passed 2 cars with the front wheel in the air, but I think she'll get over it.

Anyway, just wanted to get on line and share how much I love this bike. Come next spring it WILL be MINE.:D

His_and_Her_Buells
09-01-2007, 04:46 AM
Welcome aboard. If you'r lucky enough to find a good dealer you will probably never regret buying a Buell.

LeFox
09-01-2007, 05:40 AM
hehe...'the force' just touched another rider :p

2Evil4U
09-01-2007, 09:59 AM
IMHO, the dealer isn't that big a deal. These bikes are very easy to work on if you buy the service manual for about $50. I've put nearly 1k miles/month on mine since I bought it last October and it just keeps getting better.

His_and_Her_Buells
09-01-2007, 04:49 PM
I have the warranty until 2/2012 so the dealer is going to do all my wrenching for all warranty work and the regular service intervals just so I have proof of proper maintenance just in case something major happens and they try to weasel out. After that though the dealer will never see it again. Of cours by then all the bugs will be worked out of the 1125R and it will be available in something other than black:D

alemonkey
09-01-2007, 09:34 PM
I do have to admit I've been trying to sell her on a Firebolt...I loved the Uly, but the Firebolt is pure sex on two wheels. Maybe one of each?:D

BuellPastor
09-05-2007, 01:32 AM
Of course, one bike for just you and one for both. How could she argue with that? Especially if you get them on sale, think of how much money you could save. :D

Even better, let her ride one - then maybe its 2 Firebolts.