PDA

View Full Version : Confused about Buells website

His_and_Her_Buells
09-01-2007, 07:46 PM
I've been looking at this page, click here to see it (http://www.buell.com/en_us/gear/accessories/index.asp?Menu_ID=2&ProductLineID=3&CategoryID=5), Because I want a Kick Ash air box cover. Of course I expect the Kick Ash to come with the X-guard as it is only available on the CityX. However I noticed that the Cherry Bomb and the Valencia Orange description says that they come with the X-guard but they are not on them in the photo[confused]. So, has anyone ever ordered a transluscent cover and know if the X-guard is pre-installed, PBG you out there? I want the Kick Ash but dont want the X-guard.

Oh, the reason I want the Kick Ash is because I have the Sunset Orange Ss but want a transluscent cover. I think the Kick Ash will look pretty good with the Graphite frame and everything else will clash with the Sunset. I will also paint the front fender and chin spoiler black so the only Sunset left will be the wheels and fly screen. What do you think?

LeFox
09-01-2007, 09:10 PM
probably cause the cherry & valencia are xb12 covers, on which you can place to x-guard in order to protect the cover when installing a bag.
if you never install the bag, you don't need the x-guard.

xb9 covers have the x-guard installed since it is standard that way on the 9.

they can be removed, though...

mnbuellman
09-08-2007, 12:01 AM
I was under the impression that once there on they cant be removed. I think thats what I read it somewhere.

His_and_Her_Buells
09-08-2007, 06:14 AM
I was under the impression that once there on they cant be removed. I think thats what I read it somewhe

I've read of more than a couple of people who have removed theirs. Best when done new.