PDA

View Full Version : Race EMC

HOVERJOCKI
09-01-2007, 11:23 PM
Wanted to find out from those of you that have installed the race EMC. Did you have to do a dyno check or not??? Went to LVHD and they said it didn't have to be dynod just plug and play.
Just wanted some other input as most of the HD dealers don't have many if any Buell mechanics.
Cheers all.
Justin

LeFox
09-02-2007, 08:30 AM
race ecm is plug & play...
it's the standard ecm which is calibrated with the buell race exhaust

not the best solution for an open pipe, but better than the stock.

HOVERJOCKI
09-02-2007, 04:12 PM
I just put the Drummer on mine and its supposed to work well with the race emc.
Thanks for the input

MrOrange
09-03-2007, 05:00 AM
Hoverjocki, I installed the Race ECM when I changes out my stock can for a Jardine on my XB9s. I have had no issues with it. The mid-range power change was very noticeable and now have to watch out for 1st to 2nd wheelies now.

HOVERJOCKI
09-03-2007, 05:11 PM
MrOrange..... did you get your TPS reset at Harley or do it yourself??? Either way if harley did it what did it cost you out the door andif you did it yourself how long did or does it take.
Cheers mate

LeFox
09-03-2007, 05:52 PM
do it yourself tps reset, if you have the software is:

link it, push a button to reset it en then ride the bike steady in the 3500rpm rage for about 20 miles so it can learn...

all done.

BadS1
09-03-2007, 06:49 PM
20 miles ??? The bike doesn't need to go that far. 5 miles at a steady 3500 and you should be set.

LeFox
09-03-2007, 07:04 PM
conversion error :p

MrOrange
09-04-2007, 03:16 AM
MrOrange..... did you get your TPS reset at Harley or do it yourself??? Either way if harley did it what did it cost you out the door andif you did it yourself how long did or does it take.
Cheers mate

I did it myself and it took about 5 min. Reseting the TPS is a really easy task. I believe that the Harley place around me charges an hour of labor to reset the TPS, I'll get you a price tomorrow if you care. BTW I reset it using the VDST.

HOVERJOCKI
09-05-2007, 04:24 AM
Thats ok mate, thanks for getting back to me on that...just got my EMC today but have to leave town for a week on business but will be checking the site as i go.
Looking in to getting that VDST but gonna check a mate to see if his does the same thing for his yamaha.
Appriceiate the input.
Cheers
Justin