PDA

View Full Version : ReFuelling Hiccup

HOVERJOCKI
09-01-2007, 11:31 PM
Wanted to find out from any of you if you have noticed a slight problem running after you have just refuelled.
Its happend twice to me..... I get the low fuel light on and run it for a further 8 or so miles and pull in to get fuel. Go to start up again and it is sluggish if not just cuts out. Have to run it up and rev it a few times before it will run normal.
Not sure if it was an airblock or what but i wasn't sure if injections get airblocks????? or it had something to do with the herendous bloody heat we have here in Vegas.
Its not like i am running it dry when i fill up....hell, i'm only able to put just under 3 gallons in and thats rare, normmal is 2.5 gallons, but thats another discussion.
Anyways, just wanted to find out if it was just me or others are seeing this as well.
Cheers
Justin

LeFox
09-02-2007, 08:37 AM
when very hot, some buells tend not the start the 1st time.
when short on fuel & braking, the fuel goes away from the fuelpump which does make it run dry. this means that when starting, it needs to get the air out en get fuel back in.
you have a foam on the market which you stuff at the bottom of your fueltank and which should eliminate that problem.

als hot weather = thick air...buell are a bit sensitve for that.

just start it a second time and it's solved...no big problem, just adds character :D