PDA

View Full Version : guidance?

agfish18
12-17-2009, 12:57 PM
Yesterday, I took the 1125 to school for my last day of class for the semester. When I turned it on, the check engine light came on, but it turned off immediately once the bike warmed up (stopped flashing "cold"). it did this again when started it to ride home from school. is this something I should have checked out, or does the bike do that when it is chilly out? it was in the high 30's when I left, and probably the low to mid 30's when I returned home. Any help appreciated.

Stevenc150
12-17-2009, 04:30 PM
Sounds like you need to get the Engine codes checked to start with. Then we'll go from there.

agfish18
12-17-2009, 06:19 PM
The light turns off after the bike is warmed up, would that make a difference? If I were to bring it in, and the light didnt come on, what would they look for?

dave_xb12r
12-17-2009, 06:36 PM
Any code thrown will stay in the computer. They will plug it in and it will tell them immediately. Before you take it in though, check your fluids and top off your battery.

agfish18
12-17-2009, 07:03 PM
will do, just had the bike serviced for its 6250 mi or 10,000km, and everything checked out fine then...

millenniumx1
12-17-2009, 07:40 PM
If your CEL is coming on, you should have stored codes of some sort visible by going to DIAG mode on your cluster. If you post up what you see there in the "Error Codes" section, it's possible someone can cross-reference it for you. It's not as comprehensive as what someone tapping into your ECM can see, but it's a good start.

Mike

agfish18
12-18-2009, 07:21 PM
Checked out the DIAG mode... nothing to report. the cluster is no longer doing that, if it happens again I will take it in.

Lately my instrument cluster has been acting up. Usually it is just the fuel light that comes on when warming up occasionally, even when there is fuel in it. Once the bike warms up, the lights all go off.

Anyway, thanks to all for your input.