PDA

View Full Version : 01 X1 lightning will not start

Jon
09-05-2007, 11:14 PM
my x1 lightning will not start it turns over n every like 5 seconds it will start but only idle for about 3 seconds..acting like its not getting gas...i pulled the line off down by the fuel filter and the gas was coming out fine..could this be spark plugs or what????

Thanks!!!

BuellPartsGuy
09-06-2007, 12:06 AM
Check for spark and let me know what you find.

Yazzie
12-13-2007, 02:51 AM
I had a similar problem, changed my battery which was fairly new, got new plugs, changed oil and oil filter, tossed a new air filter in all in a day and it hasn't given me a problem. Used the same techniques on my girl, worked just as well. haha

LeFox
12-13-2007, 12:54 PM
I had a similar problem, changed my battery which was fairly new, got new plugs, changed oil and oil filter, tossed a new air filter in all in a day and it hasn't given me a problem
if you're changing everything, you can't locate the problem...

jon, i would clean the plugs and check if you get a spark.
you still have a injection or did you mount a carb?

Vancouverman
07-19-2012, 09:29 PM
Sounds exactly like mine last year, checked for everything, spark etc.everything checked out. It was the fuel pump, pressure, but not enough.

kenykop
05-16-2016, 04:19 AM
Was the problem ever resolved? I have a similar issue

Jauhoparta
05-16-2016, 08:58 AM
I recommend to check your fuel pump and specially the pressure regulator. Regulator have 2 o-rings that worns out. My had only 16000 miles when I replaced them. You can check pressure first from valve in the fuel line. Size of the replacement o-rings is not critical. Pressure takes care that they seal like they should

pur pony
06-27-2016, 08:31 PM
i had a similar issue. After chasing all over the bike trying to find the issue.. it was a bad timing sensor. I checked by removing the injectors and hanging them in a container as i cranked the bike over.... spit a little fuel and then nothing. Replaced the sensor and the injectors spray great again and the bike fires right up.