PDA

View Full Version : Second first impression

vanson1200r
12-22-2009, 04:04 AM
So Saturday I ride the bike home and.....parked it. I had to do some "honeydo's" then Sunday I had to work but today I was able to get in about a 150 miles. Before I headed out I set up the suspension and aired up the tires. The first leg was some HWY riding and it cruses pretty good but on the way back I took Old HWY 94 which is pretty curvy and OMG. This is by FAR the best feeling bike I have ridden. Turn in is perfect and it's perfectly stable leaned over and hanging off and little or no headshake in fast side to side transisitions. Brakes are great but a little more lever travel before they bight than I like but once they do they feel great. Still in the break in period so I have not opened up the motor but so far I like it. I am VERY happy with my new Buell!

rndrkeagle
12-22-2009, 05:32 AM
glad to hear it... I told ya you'd be happy with the upgrade! welcome to the finer side of biking! it only gets better from here!

[up][up]

bonechip67
12-24-2009, 02:45 AM
What bike did you get? xb9?

delta one
12-24-2009, 04:33 AM
Riding will never be the same...

Bolt
12-24-2009, 04:47 AM
That's the 09' 12r firebolt right?black&red?
Thought I saw a pic on one of yer other threads...
glad you like it.
It really does get better.
Where you at again vanson ,San diego?
Year round riding anyone?

vanson1200r
12-24-2009, 06:17 PM
Yes, it's the Black and Red XB12R and it's my 4th bike in 10 years and so far it my favorite! Getting ready now to go take a spin! Love this San DIego weather and I'll NEVER move back to Michigan! Short riding season and no curves.

Nuage420b
12-24-2009, 06:26 PM
I'm so mad that we got this snow storm here in MD just as I got into town and reunited with my baby. I'm itching to ride. I have a lot of work to do to it so at least I can tinker around on her. but I just wanna fire her up and haul some ass for a bit. Oh well I'm pullin her back to Texas and it should dry up around memphis, as soon as it does I'm takin her off the trailer and the wife can follow me in the car :D