PDA

View Full Version : Droping my exhaust

brightbuell
01-05-2010, 03:11 PM
I need to take off my exhaust can. It looks like the drive belt tention pully is blocking the two rear exhaust brackets. Has anyone else had this prob? Is it possable to take them off to drop the can without removing the belt pully? Its cold as **** outside so I thought I would ask first. I want to repaint my can since its to cold to ride anyway. I plan to paint it in my basement where its warmer so it will dry. I bought some heat resistant black bbq grill / engine block paint ,and a new front can bracket.

Macbuell
01-05-2010, 03:24 PM
Yes it is possible. Get a couple turns on the nuts/bolts and then slide the harness to the bottom so you can turn them easily. I did this about a month ago and don't remember the screws being TOO hard to get at. Think I might have used some vise grips to help get it in there and turn.

brightbuell
01-05-2010, 03:36 PM
I didnt think about once I get them a little loose I can slide them down thanks. Im going to wait about two hours and go try to get it off.

Thanks Mac

50dro
01-05-2010, 05:29 PM
Just remove your front pulley cover and use a long extension to get at the rear bolts. The front strap is easily accessible once you remove the fairing.