PDA

View Full Version : chase policies

jgxb9r
09-11-2007, 05:53 PM
what are the chase policies for motorcycles in north carolina? does anyone know?

His_and_Her_Buells
09-11-2007, 10:25 PM
Don't flea and it shouldn't matter:p

Das Bolt
09-11-2007, 11:47 PM
Man,that's a good one. You might as well have posted"Hi, I'm planning on out running the police and was wondering if you had any advice?"P.S. here in MA. I've seen city cops "bump" motorcycles that try to run.

maybebuell
09-12-2007, 01:11 AM
not going to out run police on a buell

midlifecrisis
09-12-2007, 02:27 AM
Although I would not advise trying to outrun the cops (nuthin faster than a radio) I beg to difer with maybebuell on this one. A bikes pick up and in particular the Buells handling would provide a VERY good chance of actually outrunning a cop, but you WILL get caught,remember there ain't nuthin faster than a radio. I would like to add that we should limit behaviour that would put us in a situation where we would need to outrun a cop. A PBA card, smile and a real good excuse would probably work better than a mad dash.;)

maybebuell
09-12-2007, 10:51 AM
Handling?...all has to do with the rider on any bike..not the bike itself

fez
09-12-2007, 06:23 PM
maybebuell, dont tell me you are like my boss who thought he could beat me up a very twisty mountain pass on his v-rod. [confused] he may have had more horsepower than me (he has done lots of work to the bike) and we are probably comparable in our motorcycling experience (except i have more experience on sport bikes and he has more on cruisers) but you can't overcome the physics of wheel base, head angle, trail, weight and location of weight. as they say, life is tough, but it's tougher if you failed physics.

handling has to do with the bike and the rider. probably the bike has more to do with it than the rider. any decent rider on a buell could probably beat a top gp racer on say an OCC bike around a track.

edit: and about running from the cops, in the early 1990s i lost my license when i ran from a cop in massachusetts on my old FZR 1000. i got away from the cop. actually, the cop never even pulled out of his parking space. i saw him when i was going 80 in a 45. by the time he flipped his lights on i was going 130. he did however get my plate and stopped by my house later with a handful of tickets.

LeFox
09-12-2007, 07:28 PM
hit a wall at 100+, you'll never get the ticket! :p

maybebuell
09-12-2007, 09:16 PM
fez not compairing your buell to a v rod or or any other bike..many riders on buells can ride half as good as you say..only because they have a buell..its doesnt mean they can keep up with you eather..like i said its not the bike its the rider..im not like your boss..id wait till we hit the highway before i beat your ass

jgxb9r
09-13-2007, 06:21 AM
i was just saying that i was wondering if they were going to turn round and come after me if i was cruisin on some back roads

Stevexb12Ss
09-13-2007, 08:17 PM
if they think you're interesting enough... probebly they will..

zombieBUELLer
09-13-2007, 09:54 PM
i dont know the laws in north carolina. the laws for any state should be available online.

FLORIDA:
From the FHP Pursuit Policy:
Members may pursue, attempt to stop and apprehend as expeditiously and safely as possible, any person in a vehicle who the member reasonably believes has committed or attempted to commit a crime of violence. ALL OTHER PURSUITS ARE PROHIBITED.

i wouldnt recommend running from the police. ever.

with that being said. you most definitely CAN outrun and out maneuver the police on a buell.

devildog3042
11-10-2007, 12:40 AM
no idea dude. my policy is if they chase me, i stop. plus if they are behind you, they already have your license plate. its not worth trying to outrun the cops. you put yourself as well as other people on the road at needless risk. by all means have fun. but if you see berries and cherries behind you, please pull over.

devildog3042
11-10-2007, 12:41 AM
also, they have camaros and chargers as the state troopers in NC now. i wouldnt try it.

MrOrange
11-10-2007, 03:16 AM
"if they think you're interesting enough... probably they will.."

I was riding with 2 others a few months ago around the Mt Scott area in Oklahoma where a park ranger pulled all 3 of us over just so we were aware of the 45 mph limit. I guess 2 Buells and a big dirt bike looked interesting enough.

devildog3042
11-10-2007, 04:20 PM
ok i just found out the hard way about chase policies in north carolina. they ARE allowed to chase you. just got a ticket from a NC state trooper doin 82 in a 55. it would have been a lot worse if i tried to run. i have to appear in court for the ticket and i will lose my driving privelages on base. probably for 6 months. this blows. best policy in any case when you see flashing light behind you, stop. the cop was very friendly and understanding of the thrill i was getting, (he told me he has 3 bikes), but nevertheless, i was speeding. he gave me the ticket and told me to keep it on the track next time.

PAIRTBOW
12-20-2007, 09:11 PM
hahah u may never out run a cop but u can oout smart one i do it almost everytime i take out my buell in ny i beleive they r not allowed to chase after 100mph n the camaros n chargers n stuff wont keep up in exeleration or ne thing so if u think yer gunna get pulled over dont go in a straight line u will never beat the radios get out of site n turn off that road n keep makin turns till u r not in that town n go a diff way home or where ever u r goin if they have a chance to get yer plate number they will wait at yer door for u to get home umm thats all i got for now it is possible to avade the police be smart tho speed alone wont do it

justice720
01-21-2008, 11:11 AM
In Texas if you're doing over 100 there's a no chase law. Unless, you're wanted for a felony or an act of violence (assault, abuse, sex crime, etc..) city patrol cars are governed at 125 but staties aren't governed at all. So, if you're doin over 100 they flash their lights at ya and you keep on rolling. basically we just cruise at 110.

texashick
01-21-2008, 02:38 PM
Depends where in Texas you are....Here in West Texas (San Angelo), They will chase you down if your doing over 100mph..I have seen DPS and local police chase crotch rockets and throw spikes on the ground for them as well.. There is a strech of road that they will leave you alone to kill yourself on though, They just will chase ya if your on any other road..

bitter rod
01-21-2008, 08:36 PM
My favorite part is where PAIRTBOW says that he can "oout smart" the police. Then he proceeds to write a paragraph without any periods or capital letters.

I am a cop in Michigan. Each jurisdiction has its own policy on pursuits. It really depends on the time of day, traffic and pedestrian conditions, weather, road conditions and department policy. I have chased bikes, (Not any Buells)and a decent rider is uncatchable at the time. Unless you have just murdered someone, and are facing life in prison, why would you not stop? Unfortunately its that same cop who will be scraping your steaming flesh pile off of the pavement and notifying your family of your untimely death. Be smart.

justice720
01-23-2008, 01:47 AM
no one said running from the cops was smart. I have to agree that it all depends on the safety of the people around if the cops will chase you, continue to chase you or even think about chasing you. I'm sure if they think they can catch up they'll try. we all know that cops don't follow the rules either why would a department or state law be any different. If it's a corvette cop I'm sure he's lighting up and coming after you. The cops know we can just dust 'em. remind him of that and let him know you're responsible. You might just get a warning. almost every time I've gotten pulled over for excessive speeding If I didn't just get a warning I got a reduced speed. (ex: I got clocked doing 127 in a 55, the cop changed the speed to 79 mph keeping me within 25 mph of the speed limit so I could take defensive driving) that happened because I pulled over. Most the time I get pulled over the cop just wants to know what I'm driving and talks about speed, handling and hp. They're people too and if you just amuse them they'll go easy on you.

I've always heard if you ask how much it is you can't afford it. so, if you're really wondering if it's against the law and what you can get away with; it's probably not worth it.

1998 Chevrolet Camaro Z-28
Base Price: $25,105
Transmission: 6-Speed Manual or Auto
Curb Weight: 3360 lbs

Performance
0-60 mph: 5.5 sec
0-100 mph: 13.2 sec
1/4 Mile: 13.9 sec @ 106 mph
Top Speed: 160 mph

Engine
Type: V8
Displacement: 5670 cc
Horsepower: 320 bhp @ 5200 rpm
Torque: 345 lb-ft @ 4400 rpm
Redline: 6000 rpm

http://www.buellxb.com/buell_images/1308_20080122194946_L.jpg

buellxb
01-23-2008, 04:21 AM
Wow, where did you get that picture? Did the trooper survive? I use to have a '94 police package camaro B4C. It was crazy fast on the highway topping out around 155 mph. The acceleration wasn't too good from 0-60, but it was geared for high speeds. I can tell you that I could easily catch myself with that camaro vs. my 2005 Buell XB12Scg on the highway.

@ PAIRTBOW - Please try to limit using the f word as Google doesn't like it. Also, as I stated on another thread, I would appreciate it if everyone tried to use better spelling and sentence structure. It helps our forum get more traffic and it's easier for members to use the search function when things a spelled correctly.

XBear9S
01-24-2008, 02:47 AM
I've got a rule about cops.
If I'm doing a reasonable speed and they flip their lights,
I find a safe spot and pull over.
If I'm hauling on a back-road @ double the posted limit.
They're gonna have to catch me.
Buells outrun cops 'round here all the time...

Robtk! a.k.a "Specialk!"

justice720
01-24-2008, 06:38 AM
no clue on the pic.. I just googled dps and found it.. I'm sure he died. I don't think anyone would survive that crash. It looks deadly to me.

PAIRTBOW
01-24-2008, 05:39 PM
sorry dude[smirk]

thruster
02-01-2008, 05:36 PM
Toying with cops is an idiotic crapshoot -- I don't care how capable you or your bike are, or how amenable the local conditions may be to the game. Of course you usually win, but when you lose, you lose big, along with lots of other people who absolutely don't deserve to be involved. Knock yourself out if you must, but don't take anyone else down in the process. Peace and best wishes, fellow riders! I just started riding 3 mo ago at 50. The Buell Ulysses was definitely a midlife crisis thing for me -- I admit it -- but my excuse is I commute 50 mi/day in NJ year-round, saving a bit on gas. Sure, riding is fun in itself, but the thing I'm most deeply touched by is the friendly greeting I get from passing riders. If you're the type who likes to make a game of outrunning cops, please don't wave.

PAIRTBOW
02-04-2008, 09:41 PM
haha to each his own happy riding boys and girls

Das Bolt
02-05-2008, 11:43 PM
Yeah,I used to like street racing,then I thought about what a 500lb.bullet would do to a minnivan with a family in it.

XBear9S
08-14-2008, 05:10 PM
Hey Thruster...

Wanna play some craps?
JK. JK!
But damn! You talk like a 50yo!

Life favors the brave and scorns the timid!

There's a fine like between bravery and stupidity!

Robtk! a.k.a. "Special K"

Thaloc
08-14-2008, 05:31 PM
I've got a rule about cops.
If I'm doing a reasonable speed and they flip their lights,
I find a safe spot and pull over.
If I'm hauling on a back-road @ double the posted limit.
They're gonna have to catch me.
Buells outrun cops 'round here all the time...

I would have to agree. But having the only White/Blue Firebolt in my area means I pull over everytime in my city. Outside my area, I follow the above quote. But for the most part I just cruise at 80-85 push it too tripple digits only in oppertune conditions. Ride safe!

Edit: On a side not Id like to add I really think the rules of the road were for the most part made up with cagers in mind not bikes so...In my humble opinion bikers should really catch a break on speed limits, corner speeds limits, lane laws, and acceleration laws.

burnteyes
08-14-2008, 09:30 PM
I used to own a 1988 Bronco 2 that was a P.O.S that would miss and flood out all the time and it outran 3 cops through a city not far from here right after someone stole it while i was in a resturant eating... lol THe worst part was i had all my paintball gear in it and it was covered with pink and yellow paint where my buddies shot it the day before. HAHA cops in my area do nothing but pull people over going to work and give them tickets for a tail light or a lissons plate light out.
Someone broke into my house and stole 8 rifles and shotguns off me. The cops caught the guy ,who is around 30 years old ,didnt arrest him because they know the guys dad. Just asked where he sold the guns to. And let him go. Half the sold across state boarders making it a federal crime. For the past year and a half i have tried to get the cops to arrest him and they say they'll get around to it... Oh well i guess he needed his drugs more then i needed those guns. Crack is expensive :p

bad juju
08-14-2008, 10:01 PM
me and my step dad put this bike together for the strip but im interested in parts for the road race bike the xb12rr does anyone know if you can buy those parts?
[img=http://img209.imageshack.us/img209/9483/s5030225qu8.jpg] (http://imageshack.us)
[img=http://img209.imageshack.us/img209/9483/s5030225qu8.35fcc34467.jpg] (http://g.imageshack.us/g.php?h=209&i=s5030225qu8.jpg)

bad juju
08-14-2008, 10:04 PM
http://img510.imageshack.us/img510/2980/s5030225jn5.th.jpg (http://img510.imageshack.us/my.php?image=s5030225jn5.jpg)

bad juju
08-14-2008, 10:05 PM
http://img510.imageshack.us/img510/2980/s5030225jn5.th.jpg (http://img510.imageshack.us/my.php?image=s5030225jn5.jpg)

zoedogg1
08-14-2008, 11:13 PM
Hmmm, I've got a whole lot of mixed feelings when it comes to cops, but when Im breaking the law and I know it, I pull over. I dont like the fact that tickets are written to stick and you have to prove your innocent to a judge later. Im going to court next week with my lawyer buddy and fighting a ticket I got for leaving a red light too fast. I wasnt crouched, front wheel on the ground, no smoke from rear wheel, In fact I waive "hi" as I passed. Got a neg. driving ticket for 550 bucks. I never broke the speed limit either. Its cops like this that tend to give them all a bad wrap. I have many friends who are cops and are cool as hell,"They make the best crack"....kidding, making sure your following..
Anyhow, in short, its like this. If your crazy enough to try it and dont care about jail time go for it. I really cant stand cops, but the people side of them I do, but I still wouldnt try to out run them. I did once as a kid on my dirt bike. Driving on a bike/walking path along a highway. Stater on a bike comes flying down the path after me and I rode away fast as possible till he got right on my ass and I cut off the road into the dirt. Thats all she wrote, I looked back and the guy was beyond stuck. I was 13. Too much to loose now.
As far as the run on sentences and misspellings goes above....get out of here..lol..Yeah its nice to be able to read whats said, but if It is that important why is there a spell check? I also didnt read in the terms and conditions anything about punctuation and run on sentences. Perhaps adding that you should have at least an 8th grade education to use this forum would be more appropriate. Yeah this may seem rude but so was dissecting the guys spelling and typing skills. Swearing....your on your own...

firefighter1c57
11-20-2008, 12:09 PM
I wouldn't try it in Oklahoma. OHP has 7 of these

http://thekneeslider.com/images/ohphayabusa1.jpg

Poohspot18
11-20-2008, 02:52 PM
Devildog3042-- Are you at Lejeune?? Let'g Get together and Ride! jon.norris@usmc.mil

I agree. Don't Run. just makes it worse when you finally do get caught.

XBear9S
11-26-2008, 08:22 AM
Got pulled over by a sheriff the other day.
Turned out to be my neighbor.
Same guy who ticketed me a few months ago.
So, I wasn't exactly happy to see him.

I give him the ol'e, "What in the hell'd I do this time?"
and he says nothing.
He just wanted to give me a heads-up b/c
the TDPS are lookin' for my bike after
I apparently lost one of them in traffic.

Oops! Hate that...
Slow pokes.

Robtk! a.k.a "Special K"

"A good friend will come downtown at 4:00am and bail you out of jail...
but a true friend will be sitting next to you in the cell saying, 'Damn...that was fun!'"
--Anonymous HellBeemer

Timeless801
02-15-2009, 07:46 AM
Utah every cop has a hemi.. sheriffs, highway patrol, city cops, even parking lot security gaurds..

BadDad320
02-15-2009, 12:34 PM
I'm pulling over.... If I did anything stupid my name and photo would be on the front page of the daily paper..... Most likely a few news papers.... Not a good thing at all...............

03Firebolt9R
02-17-2009, 09:24 AM
I get pulled over all the time....cops say they dont see my plate. I think they are seeing if I will run.

http://www.buellxb.com/buell_images/3092_20090120105456_L.jpg

1SexyBuell
02-17-2009, 08:50 PM
anyone know if any municipalities are using the Buell Ulysses Police XB12XP bikes??

screamineagle
09-07-2009, 02:47 AM
Its funny most of the ricers say you are a little b!tch if you stop. I was comming back from a deployment on the USS George Washington and they flew out a Virginia Beach police officer on to the boat. He gave us a brief on things going down in the ghetto of Norfolk Va. Said that the bikers are running from the cops all the time and now they have started this game where they ride up and bang on the rear quarter panel of police cruisers and then taking off. Funny enough I was one of 200 sailors that busted out laughing when he said that. I would love to have a drink with the guys that have the balls to that. :D

Evil Mechanic
09-07-2009, 03:11 AM
Hey Texashick, I lived in San Angelo for about 7 years man. The cops there are bored and crazy!!

Here in Baltimore they arent allowed to chase you in the city at all. little gangster wannabees ride dirt bikes all over the place doin wheelies on the wrong side of the road and everything and they cant do crap about it.

07Bolt
09-07-2009, 03:14 AM
its always the guy behind the badge; if theres no traffic & ur doin 90 they prolly wont do nuthin; if ur dodging bumper2bumper traffic just like the cages are then u'll get harrased too.

torreytyler
09-07-2009, 05:22 AM
I ride 55 all the time unless the limit is 55 or more. 25 in town is cool...that's when my bike gets real loud. haha. Your best bet is to carry around a "Get Out of Jail Free" card from monopoly. I always have one. I got pulled over in my truck once for doing 30 in a 25. Whipped out the card, got laughed at and told to go home. Take it easy on cops, they have it a lot tougher than we all think.

Nuage420b
09-07-2009, 06:12 PM
Md,D.C., and NoVa won't chase past 100 due to the high volume of traffic. As far as how to? I've lost cops in everything from a roll off, to a 98 DeVille, to my wifes Jetta and the most recent (2 years ago, I've matured greatly) in a friggin base model 4 banging 60 horse power PT cruiser. It's not what you're driving/riding but how. A bunch have mentioned it but back roads are the key lots of dense woods to hide from the birds and plenty of turns. It also helps to drive ride them often and know where they will take you. I via phone navigated my wife who ran after passing a cop at 135 through some county ass roads and a good long route back to the house with out ever hitting highway except to cross it. It's stupid to run or be in a situation where you may have to and I don't recommend it ever. You can kill your self, or even worse someone innocent (that little girl on the side of the road playing with her dolly). If you don't care about others lives then think about the costs. I finally have a clean record for the first time in my 8 years of having a license, tens of thousands on tickets, repairs, court fee's and fuel, and the insurance rates are ridiculous. It's so not worth it.

Trill
09-07-2009, 07:02 PM
Here in Baltimore they arent allowed to chase you in the city at all. little gangster wannabees ride dirt bikes all over the place doin wheelies on the wrong side of the road and everything and they cant do crap about it.

I can't embed the video but here is the link to the crazy situation in baltimore!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sAA28sfKmiY

Nuage420b
09-07-2009, 07:39 PM
Saw a bunch of that last thursday when I took the family to the Aquarium. I love bmore :0 )

Nuage420b
09-07-2009, 07:45 PM
Gotta say I hate those racist comments. Why's everything in the hood assumed stolen property? Sure people steal but I've seen the rich rob the poor blind all my life. Do they ever think about that fact it's about a 10th of the cost to buy a dirt bike as it is to buy a street bike? It's a more attainable goal for anyone in the lower class. I grew up in a slum and dreamed of riding a dirt bike but it was never an option for me. It's not until now at 24 I am finally in a financial position to pursue a dream. Sorry just a little rank about that video and the comments it received, got my panties in a twist :p:p:p

screamineagle
09-07-2009, 08:32 PM
James Stewart started a craze with his people. If only Tiger Woods could get some fads started. The world would be a safer place.;)

Nuage420b
09-07-2009, 09:09 PM
rant**

07Bolt
09-08-2009, 02:48 AM
thats all we did growin up,,,now its bad huh ;) maybe we found a upcoming BUELL ridin spot,,,:p

Nuage420b
09-08-2009, 07:00 AM
lol **** riding Bmore. The road conditions probably play 80% of the reason they ride dirt bikes and ATV's. you could lose a small child in some of those pot holes.

Cantrell
09-09-2009, 01:31 AM
I live in Dallas, TX and yesterday blew by a cop doing 85 in a 45. I then boldly turned around to ask him this very thing in question since I'm new to TX. His response was that most of them are all about a good time themselves but they are in the business of protecting people. The foolish guys wearing an armored vest, sleeveless shirt, and no helmet are the ones who will likely endanger the public (already endangering themselves). It's not the safe sport riders on back roads they worry about. Keep in mind I was riding in winding country cotton field-lined back roads and covered from head to toe in quality armor.

This guy is only one of many cops out there but myself being the spouse of a cop, I believe that his sentiment rings true for most.

TexasSportBiker
09-10-2009, 08:01 PM
Everybody remember Rodney King? Best advice is to pull over immediately. Most here in Texas know…..If the police have to come and get you, they are bringing an ass kicking with them!

screamineagle
09-12-2009, 12:53 AM
Rodney King resisted arrest and deserved an ass beating. :D I wish I could have helped.

Vabbott
09-24-2009, 05:22 AM
Buells are not speed machines, but they have a ton of torque! My rule is as simple as the one stated above and uses the advantages of the bike.
Ride reasonably and you don't have any worries; but if you are out having fun and the police catch you in the act in the city or residential area (anywhere there is lots of curves)run like Hell.
If you are on the highway or a long straight away then you are good as caught.

Plain and simple your bike has better acceleration off the line than 99% of vehicles out there (even police cars)use that to your advantage, injunction with a good knowledge of the area.

Now, if you were on one of those tight winding Jap. bikes I would say do a sprint on the highway and pull off and loose sight of the cop; but pull over on curvy roads.

fahren
09-24-2009, 02:01 PM
Anyone see "Seven Pounds?"

Sapper
09-24-2009, 04:30 PM
All of you that Run from the Police ... when you land in jail or the hospital ill just laugh ... thanks for contributing to the bad stigma that bikes get

screamineagle
10-01-2009, 02:22 AM
I was going down I-10 rolled when I rolled up to a police cruiser. Stuck my foot straight out in front, hammered down and jousted his side mirror off like a true bad ass.:D:D[cool]

GSXdoubleR88ciNINJA
10-01-2009, 05:34 AM
Since this thread came up on the main page again.... I will tell a story of mine. :D

Ok, here it goes...

One time (inbandcamp) on the Blue Ridge Parkway (Federal Property) I passed a State Trooper cruising. Had my wife on the back. Didn't notice it was a Trooper till to late, but it was in a large sweeping bend in the road. I knew he would 180 asap. He went out of site 'round the bend, and still hadn't touched his brakes. Was not really any place to turn around. So then, I burned it up. Finally caught some traffic, and hung back. Hadn't been any passing zones since I passed him. Knew I didn't want to start racking up charges so I hung back. About a minute later, here come the blue lights. I signaled to him I would pull over and kept the speed limit. I drove about another mile to an overlook, really the only safe pullover on the Parkway. I had on race leathers and my wife the same. He asked if I knew WHY he pulled me over. I say "No Sir." He told me my speed. I act shocked, "Really?". "License and Registration". I gave him my license, but no registration. He said I can give you a ticket for this county. But if you ran through a Rangers radar, thats Federal. Double fines, Federal court, etc. "What if you hit a deer?" He asked. I told him that might make us fall off. He let my wife vouch for my bike ownership, advised me of the 45mph limit, and went on his way. Sweet. Great guy. [up]

Another SHORT story.

Was doing triple digits in my retired State Trooper car. I had already been at my destination when County showed up. I only got a ticket for 17 over the 55 limit. Not reckless driving. I gave them no **** and like wise.

Furr146
03-13-2012, 09:25 PM
Your right about that. I've done everything to get out of tickets. I live in a small town so there's only a few buells. I'm always cool, calm, and collected. They still give me $500 tickets. Run, if u can get away.

snrusnak
03-14-2012, 06:00 AM
WOW lol. Never run from the cops, once you get busted they'll make it hell on you. Whether you're going 5 over or double the limit, pull over immediately and they will appreciate that they didn't have to chase you(endangering theirs and others lives). I've flown by cops, saw the lights turn on, thought about running, then pulled over and when the cop pulled up he asked me why I didn't run, lol. I have yet to get a ticket on a motorcycle(or car for that matter). Probably been pulled over at least a dozen times and always get off. Keep your hands where they can see them, no sudden movements, etc. they appreciate it as they never know what the person they pull over will do.

d_adams
03-14-2012, 06:17 AM
It's only a matter of time before you become a fatality.

Been there, done that, out ran them and got caught as well. It just flat-out ain't worth it. Nearly every time I managed to outrun them, I got caught for something else. I guess my high point in tickets was when I managed to cover the first 3 pages of the local county docket. Yeah, 26 tickets for one go around. It sucked, I didn't drive for years. Luckily, I only crashed once and it was in a car. 150+ mph chase and I walked away from it without a scratch, but I paid for it for years.

DavesXB12XP
04-14-2013, 08:56 AM
I agree with snrusnak. I've beek pulled over for felony speeding, illegal lane changes, etc... I always pull over immediately. Been let off with "warnings" every time. One cop actually told me to run next time, because he couldn't have caught me. I was in a neighborhood on a xb12xp. Probably could of out maneuvered him and cut across a park. But it's not worth it.

buellbradski
04-14-2013, 10:44 AM
In New York it's the cops disgression if he or she feals the chase is putting the rider, himself or bistandards in harms way. They should back off . But at that point they will probly have your plate. Last year I actually put ran a state trooper not knowing he was there. He wouldn't have gotten my plate and I could have gotten away with it. But I didn't know he was there and my intent wasn't to out run a cop I was just having fun on a windy back road. He finally caught us when we stopped at a sign and realised he was behind us . Once he started talking to us he knew we wernt running from him and let us go with non moving violations. A few cops I know won't wright tickets if you stop and answer questions without lying .

netty2424
04-14-2013, 10:56 AM
23i-BvSZqzU&sns=em

Cooter
04-14-2013, 03:48 PM
"He's continuin' goin'" haha..

wolfo68
04-14-2013, 05:06 PM
In nebraska they can't chase you in a ground vehicle if you run. But the choppers and cameras are quick to find you.

Cooter
04-15-2013, 08:37 PM
Thats because in Nebraska there is nothing to hide under! Hee hee.

snrusnak
04-15-2013, 08:47 PM
You will never out run a helicopter. Or radio(like someone else said above).

I actually hope all you guys who are bragging about running do it at some point. More morons off the road.