PDA

View Full Version : Pretty Girls and Clutch Adjustment

fez
09-11-2007, 06:19 PM
I got a 2006 XB12S a couple months ago the bike was new to me and now has almost 1k miles. last week i drove across the Montana State campus at change of class to check out the 'scenery'. (you know what i like about college girls... :D ) It was stop and go traffic for a mile and it was hot out.

since then, it seems that my clutch only engages in about the last half inch to inch as i let the lever out. it doesnt feel like the clutch is slipping as i ride, just that the effective throw is very short.

I'm usually pretty easy on the clutch (neutral at stop lights, no clutched up wheelies) but this short throw is very annoying.

can i adjust the clutch to get a broader throw? the bike takes off fast now, but sometimes i need more modulation in traffic.

firechickenXB9R
04-16-2008, 09:54 PM
cant help but i am havivg the same problem on my 03 XB9R. it was that way when i got it. is there a fix

LeFox
04-17-2008, 08:39 AM
even new the clutch grabs pretty fast!

yes, you can adjust if a bit. there's a rubber cover infront of the engine that protects the clutch adjustement.
it's best when placing the rubber back, you fasten it with tie-wraps to prevent dirt from getting to it. ;)

another options is adjustable handles (pazzo, crg, etc)

firechickenXB9R
06-03-2008, 09:31 PM
Hey thinks LeFox.....