PDA

View Full Version : Advice on a Wrecked 08 1125R

Mooch
01-10-2010, 11:08 PM
Hey everyone-

I am new to the site, but have found a lot of very good information on it so far. I have been a Harley rider for the last decade, but after test riding a Buell XB12R this summer I fell in love. I recently bought a 2008 Buell 1125R, it had some right side damage and a rebuilt title.

I had a close friend, who is a Harley Mechanic and took the Buell classes as well as the new 1125R class that Mechs had to go through when this bike came out, check it out before I bought it. There is no frame or engine damage, just primarily cosmetics.

here are my questions:

1) The bike is an 2008 with 4,000 Miles. It was bought new from a Harley Dealership in Washington state. With the amount of miles on it would it be safe to assume that all recall problems were taken care of?

2) Being a Harley rider I want a pipe for this bike that is throatty and loud. I want it to sound similar to a Harley, I know its a different motor but I am sure you get what I am looking for. Does anyone have any pipe suggestion? I am not too concerned about some power loss, or dyno feedback. Just want a good sounding pipe. I have read a lot about the D and D but have not heard one in person (only on Youtube). Everyone says it's too loud but I love loud, but don't want to be pulled over on every outting either.

3) Does anyone know if any smaller fairing designs, that wouldn't require all the changes that would be necessary to switch over to the CR front end? I like the highbar conversions that some people have posted, but would like a smaller front fairing, any ideas?

4) lastly, not only do I dislike the large golf club mirrors/singals, they are way too expensive to replace. Was thinking about a Hardbody Flush mount replacement, however the only ones I can find are for Jap bikes. Any suggestions for flush mount signals?

thanks to everyone for all of the informative posts, I cannot wait to get this bike on the road.

racepro716
01-10-2010, 11:14 PM
Can only answer one question but it's probably the most important. Have your Harley bud punch in your V.I.N number at the dealership. It'll tell you if it's had the updates and recalls done. Good luck, Wayne

Mooch
01-10-2010, 11:20 PM
Wayne-
Thank you very much for your help. The recall problems are my biggest concern.

Kidder
01-10-2010, 11:41 PM
The recalls are important but so is the latest ECM flash for your 08.

07Bolt
01-11-2010, 12:21 AM
this is from another XB thread i think. there some d&d threads too.

http://lh5.ggpht.com/_LynIWXzyFOQ/S0p8WAWamMI/AAAAAAAABeI/Zkuwuj_kU8U/s512/2339_20100108103350_L.jpg

Stevenc150
01-11-2010, 03:36 AM
^Those^ won't apply to his bike since he has an 1125R. ;) Don't know a lot about the 1125's, but I'd like to Welcome you to the Forum Mooch. :D[up]

bardo688
01-11-2010, 03:43 AM
That D&D is loud as hell that i can tell you from personal experience. (i know i rant about it sorry)
Went and tested one in Whitchta HD and idr exactly what the Decibel was but it was in the Loudest pipe contest and it beat many bikes running straight pipes and just shorty headers. either 140 or 160+ decibels i think

If that helps ya any[smirk]

Mooch
01-11-2010, 04:52 PM
Bardo688-
Yeah I have been reading how loud it is, kind of makes me want it, but most forums I have read the majority of owners have taken them off for being too loud. I never believed there was such a thing, so I just may have to check it out.

I need to find some flush mount turn signals, but all the local stores carry are Hotbody ones for JAP bikes, anyone have any idea which style would work on the 1125R?

Thank you very much for everyone's input. I truly appreciate it.

09CRRED1
01-11-2010, 10:02 PM
im with you and the loud i just bought a 1125cr and i have a 1200 nightster and i had some V & H short shots and they were loud and i loved it. I will probably get the d and d pipe and i agree about the louder the better i think these people that take it off for being to loud is because they are used to the quietness of the sportbike and i havnt found any flush mount mirrors for the 1125r either but i got a cr so i dont have to worry about that and in neb you dont need mirrors at all;)

Mooch
01-11-2010, 10:11 PM
09CRRED1-
Fellow Harley rider, right on.I have had an 05 1200 Custom, 06 Nitetrain, and 04 Roadglide. I had Bassanis on the Sportie and Nitetrain, and a Thunderheader on the Roadglide. I think I just may give the D&D a go.

I am just going to use a bar end or clip on mirror, but would like to find some flush mount signals that cover the old mirror holes.

I dig the CR, I plan on doing the front end conversion sometime this summer.

Mooch
02-11-2010, 12:52 AM
Here is what I have done so far:
nullhttp://www.buellxb.com/buell_images/5720_20100210185037_L.jpg

bardo688
02-12-2010, 05:42 AM
fairing looks good with the bar end mirrors...hows the D&D going for ya

Mooch
02-12-2010, 04:56 PM
I love it, love the sound. Thanks for the compliment. I still have some more mods in mind but have been too busy riding to get anything done!