PDA

View Full Version : ads cover large pictures

konarider94
01-11-2010, 04:24 AM
Idk if anyone else has talked about this but on my computer large pictures in a thread will be covered by the ad that is supposed to appear on the right. See my screenshot below. It happens in many threads im just using this one because its the most recent.

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y191/matt1994xj/jeep/adwtf.jpg

dave_xb12r
01-11-2010, 04:37 AM
Buellxb asks that we save the image and upload it to Buellxb.com rather than hotlinking. This will keep all pictures a fixed width.

augustus_01
01-11-2010, 05:38 AM
What about this problem?

http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k100/augustus_01/Other/BuellXBHomepage.jpg

This happens when I first visit the page. If I log out then log back in, it goes back to normal. Also, if I do a search for something, it will go back to normal.

dave_xb12r
01-11-2010, 05:47 AM
Augustus, I think the buellxb server doesn't like the fact that badweb is your number one bookmark :D

You should switch to firefox. There are much less problems with navigation and displays.

augustus_01
01-11-2010, 06:34 AM
I think the buellxb server doesn't like the fact that badweb is your number one bookmark :D

Dave, I believe you are right. :D

I've tried Firefox and I just can't like it. For some reason, I seem to have problems with it.

bajabomber87
01-11-2010, 12:36 PM
This is so annoying. Why cant you just move the ads to the top or bottom of the page with the others? the side ones are pointless.

sk8ace
01-11-2010, 12:48 PM
I use Opera and have none of those problems.

brightbuell
01-11-2010, 01:02 PM
I agree its pissed me off several times. They at least need a way to close them out.

Lohani
01-11-2010, 03:06 PM
drives me crazy too :) i thought it was just safari tho, so ignored it
but now ill grab a pitchfork with the rest of you!
:D

konarider94
01-11-2010, 05:11 PM
i want to be able to see big pictures though. and i dont use this forum to host images because of the fixed width and water mark.

dave_xb12r
01-11-2010, 05:24 PM
Because of normal forum policy, I can't discuss any type of ad-block *cough plus cough* add on software to firefox that would make the banners disappear altogether.

NookieMonster
01-11-2010, 06:23 PM
I have this prob all the time and it my biggest complaint about this site. Say what you want about the forum wanting you to upload pics because that is usually b.s. I am a mod on a couple sites and they don't let you upload pics to them cause it takes up too much space space and slows the site down so I doubt that is the case here. The admins either need to fix the probs or switch over to a diff layout or forum type.

dave_xb12r
01-11-2010, 07:05 PM
Nookie, please understand that these are the things this site was built around. This forum system is an excellent low bandwidth forum that requires very little processing power. That is why it loads so fast. Keeping the forum a fixed width helps to keep it that way. If you would like to use a site for unrestricted picture hosting, I suggest creating a photobucket account.

Stevenc150
01-11-2010, 08:04 PM
This is a Great Free Site and Source of info and Help when it comes to our Bikes. Doesn't cost us a dime.

The Admin. (BuellXB) actually said, when offered by some of the members, that he didn't want donations to help with the associated expenses of this site. All he asked was that we throw in an occasional reference to this site when it was convenient.

BuellXB welcomes any Feedback regarding this Site and all things associated. I just find this topic only a minor inconvenience since it only takes uploading the pics to your Member account to cure it.

Midnight82
01-11-2010, 08:08 PM
I too have a few issues with ads when I view the site from my Netbook (My screen is small, so things get pushed around a bit. But like Stevenc150 said, This site has been pivotal in my Buell projects.
I can look past a few little qwerks.

Awesomely,
Eric

delta one
01-11-2010, 09:14 PM
any chance the ads could either slide over when large pictures are posted? OR put them on the other side of the posts?

dave_xb12r
01-11-2010, 09:45 PM
Because of normal forum policy, I can't discuss any type of ad-block *cough plus cough* add on software to firefox that would make the banners disappear altogether.