PDA

View Full Version : Potential XB1200r owner

Sirhilton17
09-14-2007, 06:59 PM
Im considering getting a new XB1200R.

Is there anything that I should know about THIS bike, ive read alot about the older ones having problems.
I am very mechanical and dont at all mind working on things, as long as something isnt breaking every week.

I would really like to get a american bike over a jap bike, but is this really up to it?

The jap bike I was considering is a Kawasaki Ninja650R which is a paralell twin, so its not one of those bikes that sound like a bumble bee.
From what I have read the XB12R and the Ninja are close as far as performance.

I understand that everybike has its issues, and there are alot of rumors about things mostly spread by people that have had bad experiences with them.

basically what I am asking is, is this bike reliable as a jap bike?
Anyone who bought a buell and wasent happy with the decission?

If I am paying almost double for this bike I want to make sure it is actually a better bike.

Thanks!

LeFox
09-14-2007, 07:59 PM
best bike i bought so far...
never had any problems with any bike i owned, though [smirk]

unless you count the brakelight burning every 1000km on my ducati :o

keisersozae
09-14-2007, 11:01 PM
i have a 07 xb12r and i love it. i have almost 2k miles on it now and it still feels as though its getting faster. i had an electrical issue last month but it was resolved and i have had no problems since.
i have had several bikes and this is by far THE MOST FUN BIKE EVER. ride a xb and then ride that kaw and you will see what i mean. im getting ready for the drummer exhaust so she makes a little more noise and thats all i think i'll need.

His_and_Her_Buells
09-15-2007, 05:44 PM
I'm sure there are people who were disipointed with their Buell purchase, as with any bike. I'm curious where you read the the 1200r and the 650r are close in performance. They basically weight the same and the Buell has twice the torque. Sure it's almost twice as much but I bet you will have more than twice as much fun and be more than twice as proud. If you're worried about reliability and don't do your own wrenching you could get the XB9R and get a 5 year warrantee with the cash you save. Just my $.02

erniez
09-16-2007, 02:59 AM
I took that step a bought a brand new xb12r. my other bike is a gsxr1000 and i also have a f4i honda as a stunt bike.. The xb12r is not compairable to 1000 but they are totally diffrent styles of bikes but the handling and feeling of the xb12r is amazing I am really happy with my purcase.. so much that i am actually gona sell my gixxer thou.. xb12r is a fun bike for sure and i love the fact that it is low maintence no more lubing chains every week lol..

midlifecrisis
09-16-2007, 11:57 AM
The new Ninja 650R is a nice bike by all accounts, but straightaway speeds aside, the Firebolt is WORLD CLASS. Although I did look into the 650R they are NOT comparable bikes. The low maintenance of the Buell is a real bonus though.

Sirhilton17
09-16-2007, 04:47 PM
Alright thanks yall!

I would still call them close performance, but thats me I guess...
From what Ive found...

Buell 0-60 - 3.63
Ninja 0-60 - 3.76
buell 0-100 - 8.73
Ninja 0-100 10.53
buell 1/4 mile 11.54
ninja 1/4 mile 12.06

Thanks though, Im leaning torwards the buell, and honestly when I first saw the buell i really dident like how it looked, but now I like it more than the jap bikes... it really grows on ya.

LeFox
09-16-2007, 07:45 PM
for me it was love at 1st sight! http://smile.smilies.nl/514.gif

midlifecrisis
09-16-2007, 10:31 PM
I'm not knocking the 650R, for what it is it's spot on and a great all around bike from newbie to an old riders second bike and good commuter. Just remember, quarter mile times (not the best reason for a Buell anyway, own the corners and all that) are measured in hundreths of a second for a reason.
http://www.motorcyclistonline.com/performancedata/