PDA

View Full Version : new to forum- whats up?!

x1cr
01-20-2010, 04:44 AM
been trollin the site for awhile and seems to be some great info/stories on here. glad to have found the site!.
I had a 2001 X1 Lightning for about 6 years and loved it to death. Just picked up a 2009 1125cr used (515 miles) and I'm in shock in a good way. This bike is like no other and I cant wait to log some miles. Its getting its 620 mile service and should be done tomorrow so tomorrow will be a good day. but...to be honest...$265 for an oil change is making me insane. My diesel 2500 hd truck was just serviced including the 4wd for $90...and thats 10 qts! ah well- whole different thread I guess.
Anyway- thanks for having this great site!

dave_xb12r
01-20-2010, 05:36 AM
Welcome! Congrats on the new Buell!
Where are you located?

JOEL9
01-20-2010, 05:47 AM
welcome x1cr! put up a pic of your bike[up]

xtremelow
01-20-2010, 05:51 AM
Welcome, not just an oil change is included in the first service. Rather oil/filter change, primary fluid, and all the checks/adjustments.

IMO though it would be best to just buy an owners manual change the oil/primary fluid and filter on your own. Cost would be $60 for the manual and another $25-$35 depending on what oil and filter you buy. At the dealer you are paying for about $40 worth of parts (their costs) and the rest is just labor and time.

x1cr
01-20-2010, 06:25 AM
thanks! yea, I'll post a pic as soon as i find my card reader.
I realize there is more to the service than an oil change,and I want to make sure i keep thing cool with the warranty. Basically I was planning having the dealer do the first service no matter what. And yes, a service manual will be the first item I get for it though I want the hibar kit.Actually, while servicing it I asked them to roll the clubman bars up as far as posiible without stressing the lines/cables so we'll see how that feels.
I've only riddenthis bike for about 100 miles-bought it in that blizzard we had in december(I'm in south Jersey (elmer) by the way) and the weather has been crappey every since except for a few days. Every minute i spend on it i like it more and more. Of course i havent beat on it - havent gone over 7000rpm, but man it sure feels like its gots some balls and the handling is unlike anything i've ridden.

LeFox
01-20-2010, 11:33 AM
welcome & have fun! [up]

xtreme6669
01-20-2010, 02:16 PM
You will love it... after the 7k mark it wants to lift that front wheel real bad!

Stevenc150
01-21-2010, 02:37 AM
Welcome to the Forum and the Addiction of the New Buell. :D[up]

BuddhaBuell
01-21-2010, 02:43 AM
welcome to the best Buell forum on the net! [up]
post some pics of your Buells, we would love to see them....
:)

Kidder
01-21-2010, 02:53 AM
I did the 620 service myself. I changed the oil and filter and I added coolant since it was low. The rest is check/inspect.

Here's what the 620 service entails:

1.Change engine oil and clean magnetic drain plug.
2.Replace oil filter cartridge.
3.Inspect brake fluid level and condition. Check hydraulic brake lines and fittings for leaks.
4.Check brake pads and rotors for wear.
5.Check clutch fluid level. Check hydraulic lines and fittings for leaks.
6.Check oil lines for leaks.
7.Check tire pressure and inspect tread.
8.Check throttle cable adjustments.
9.Check operation of all electrical equipment and switches.
10.Check coolant level in expansion tank. Check tightness of hose clamps. Clean radiator and oil cooler fins.
11.Check rear belt and sprocket.
12.Check sidestand.
13.Check exhaust system.
14.Road test.

JohnnyS999
01-21-2010, 05:14 AM
Welcome and congratulations on buying the most underrated bike in existence. I was drawn to the bike like many, the rebate program but I just didn't go out and buy it. I did my share of research first before pulling the trigger. Since then the bike has been nothing but fun, the most fun bike I have ever owned. In two months I haven't ridden my 999R Ducati. I just installed a few minutes ago a DDM Tuning HID 55W 5000K system. It is awesome and I have also removed the funky mirrors and put on 4" CRG bar end mirrors and Rizoma "zero" LED front turn indicators. They are perfect and mount super easy on either side of the headlight cowl. I like the fact they also shine to the side and back as well. The bike looks more like a Streetfighter now, I think it should have been called that officially instead of a cafe racer. Doesn't look anything like a cafe racer, past or present.

I went ahead and had the dealer do the first service eventhough I knew I could do it myself. The first quote was around $300, but when I set up the appointment they quoted me $135??? So thats what they charged me.

Its kind of nice to know the first valve adjustment isn't til 12K miles, unlike the Duc at 6K-7.5K.

Have fun on the bike, I know you will. My next mod will be the exhaust.

millenniumx1
01-21-2010, 04:38 PM
I've got an '09R and do have some jealousy about that lower gearing final drive in the CR bikes! But I can live with that ... Both cool bikes.

I too jumped in when the sales price dropped $6K! I can't believe how fun this bike is. Cured me of my two-decade long Harley Davidson addiction!

Mike

IRULE
01-25-2010, 03:00 AM
Welcome. This is a great site to learn about buell, the guys and gals are just informative. [up]

hula Buell
01-25-2010, 08:18 AM
Welcome to the New World of Buell.Post a pic of the new ride.Life just changed for the better.Aloha

boreas
01-25-2010, 01:05 PM
welcome and cool bike you just bought!

x1cr
01-27-2010, 05:00 AM
yea man, this thing is nuts! Cant wait for the nice weather so I dont have to bundle up. No good pics yet, but heres a quicky-high bars,lower pegs, bar end mirrors and exhaust are on my wish list for now.I like it more and more with each mile even though the weather blows!

http://i140.photobucket.com/albums/r29/mjspurdrummer/phone001.jpg

boreas
01-27-2010, 01:01 PM
http://www.buellforum.nl/misc.php?file=4700 love that bike [up]