PDA

View Full Version : Need volunteer bike for FatDuc manipulator device

JohnnyS999
01-22-2010, 10:17 PM
Need volunteer bike for FatDuc manipulator device

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Posted on Friday, January 22, 2010 - 06:07 pm:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
After installing an aftermarket exhaust or even a high performance air filter, is your bike now experiencing surging, jerkiness or deceleration poping? These symptoms are typical of a motor that is running too lean. Instead of the high priced remedies, read the following tried and true reasonable fix.

The FatDuc manipulator is an ingenious device that fools the ECU into thinking less lean A/F mixture. Highly regarded and successful with Ducatis (I had one) and other bikes equipped with the closed loop system for Euro emissions. The FatDuc fixes problems associated with aftermarket exhaust systems like surging, jerkiness and decell popping. Instead of having to purchase a new ECU or some other expensive fix the FatDuc does all that with a plug and play connector.

I started to look into this when I watched a video of an FMF exhaust on UTube. What I didn't like was the excessive deceleration popping. I then discovered the Buell is a likely candidate for the FatDuc and since then I've been talking to its inventor, Jason Borders. After exchanging emails and pictures of my Buell, Jason has agreed to come up with a prototype for testing purposes. There is a possibility the Buell may require two devices because there are two 02 sensors, similar to the Duc 1098.

This device is the real deal. There are hundreds of them currently on newer Ducatis and the feedback is miraculous. On the website Multistrada.net in the Product Review section theres a dedicated sticky to the FatDuc. To learn more about it and what it does go to www.FatDuc.com.

Now all Jason needs is a volunteer bike, preferably one with the above symptoms. Again, this is no BS and if you research the device at all you will see it works. Many on the Ducati forums call it a life saver in a financial sense and also a performance sense. I would volunteer my bike but I have yet settled on an aftermarket system for it. I would imagine the device is highly beneficial in the case of the full system upgrade.

Let me know if you want to install the FatDuc on your bike and I'll let Jason know. The one difference between the Ducati set up and the Buell 02 sensor is the fact Ducati has a four wire whereas the Buell only one. Jason advised he will be installing a separate ground wire into his connector which will attach to a ground point close to the 02 sensor.

The FatDuc is also adjustable with a small dial on the connector for rich or lean mixtures

polkiejoe
01-23-2010, 01:36 AM
I'll do it... I have an SS Drummer on mine.

klan52
01-23-2010, 03:55 AM
I'll do it too, have an 09 xb12scg with a jardine and been looking for a solution to that exact problem. Let me know when he is interested in getting the prototypes out, eo_scenario@yahoo.com

BuddhaBuell
01-23-2010, 04:16 AM
06 XB9sx
D&D
K&N
breather re-route w airbox delete
race ECM..

BamBam pops on decel (not that I mind too much) and any benefit to performance is always appreciated..

buddha_gains@hotmail.com

:)

RT Performance
01-23-2010, 06:55 AM
I should have an 1125r with a d&d before the end of the week i will be intrested but i am in mi. so no real testing till spring:(

xtreme6669
01-23-2010, 03:25 PM
I have an 1125cr with a FMF apex slip on and a K&N filter... I have the osb tune installed now (AWESOME) but I would be willing to change back to the stock tune to test and compare this device... let me know.
xtreme6669@cox.net

magna87
02-11-2010, 12:27 AM
well any testing yet? let me know... really interested.. thanks,:D

jet6
02-11-2010, 12:36 AM
Id be interested in one, so long as its a direct plug into my 2009 SS and there reasonably priced