PDA

View Full Version : Dunlop Tires

HOVERJOCKI
09-21-2007, 04:09 AM
Need peoples opinions on the Sportmax D208s. My bike came with them and i see after 2005 Buell went to Pirrellis.
I ride in Vegas so it is pretty dry and HOT....
Decided to go on a longish ride and then hit 2 back to back roundabouts that they have here and see what kind of lean angle i could get...medium speed, 2nd gear 2000rpm; 1st one ok, 2nd one had the back end come around on me and then kick back. Came close to loosing it, but got lucky. I had ridden about 35 miles before this happened so they should have been pretty warm.
Is it the tires or just me trying to lean over too much....i like the lean.
Cheers
Justin

His_and_Her_Buells
09-21-2007, 04:59 AM
The Pirelli Diablos are way stickier than the Dunlops.[up] I've never heard of anyone who likes the twisties stay with the D208. When it's time for a change Pirelli or Michelin Pilots seem to be the tire of choice.

HOVERJOCKI
09-21-2007, 04:59 PM
cheers

midlifecrisis
09-21-2007, 05:05 PM
My '06 Firebolt has the Dunlops too. Like them but yes I will change over when they're done.

fez
09-21-2007, 05:14 PM
and from personal experience i can say that if you have the dunlops and come into a corner a little too hot, do not ever touch the rear brake.

onebadblaz
09-21-2007, 09:24 PM
I wouldnt run a set of factory dunlops again..I didnt like them but I did run one set of dunlops i liked the sportmax qulifier.There softer get sticky but wear well to...I'm not nice on rear rubber on my bike!I didnt do burn outs mainly cause it would push the front tire but hard acceleration and wheelies and got 6000 miles out of the rear tire.