PDA

View Full Version : top end clatter

angel
09-21-2007, 07:22 PM
first of all, clatter never repairs itsef, it only gets worse.I noticed a clatter at 45,000 mi. then at 50,000 had it looked at.I religiously serviced my bike at the dealer.When they opened her up they found unexplained metal shavings in the oil,piston rings had scored the cylinders,the bushings of the cam shaft were loose,wrist pins were also loose, we all agreed she would have blown eventually.I have an extended warranty to 100,000 mi but now they're calling it normal wear and tear.Bottom line, they refuse to replace my XB12S 1203.My advice, dump your particular bike quick. But have your friends with this same sounding engine do the same.Word is out, Buell will not stand behind that engine. I bought a 100,000mi warranty for a bike they claimed has a life expectancy of 50,000 mi. DUMP IT !!! I'm going to court.[down]

angel
09-21-2007, 07:29 PM
My dealership claims they know of no other XB12S that has logged in 50,000 mi.Is this true?Somebody please tell me they've driven that much and suffer from the same clatter as me.At first it was only on deceleration, then I could reproduce it when blipping the throttle in neutral.It just got more worse over 5,000 mi.It was ready to blow.:(