PDA

View Full Version : Torque and HP

whynot
09-23-2007, 11:00 PM
Couple Questions? 07' XB12R
Exhaust Full TI Force or Micron or Neither
Air cleaner and ECM all I have found is Pro Series. Suggestions?
Anything else I should get for more torque and HP money no object but must be worth the performace gain.... Thanks in advance.

His_and_Her_Buells
09-23-2007, 11:40 PM
If money is no object I would probably go with the Micron. I've read TI Force have blown apart, but technically it's hearsay. No need to go with the race ecm as you can remap the stock ones. Get Directlink or ECMSPY for that. Pro air filter is same as K&N. Those 3 things are about all you can do without tearing into the engine. If want to throw a bunch of money at it, rebuild it for strength and lower compression toss on a turbo:D

whynot
09-23-2007, 11:45 PM
Turbo.... Hmmmmmm any links?

whynot
09-23-2007, 11:58 PM
Thanks ill go with the micron. I actually like the output of the dyno as displayed on the exhaust comparison on americansportbike.com. Ill go with the pro series air w/the open airbox and cold inducted air carbon fiber cover. If remapping is sufficent without the upgrade will do thanks for the feed back.

midlifecrisis
09-24-2007, 01:21 AM
Check out iBoost, used to be called Aerocharger. They've been making turbos for Harleys and Buells for years and it's basically a bolt on. It can give crazy performance yet it is still very streetable and doesn't strain the stock motor very much as far as reliability goes. They put one on a Rocket III which is pumping out about 147 lbs/ft of torque stock and it now puts out 215!!! Whoopee! Imagine that on a Firebolt?:D