PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone removed frame pucks?

buellxb
09-25-2007, 04:29 AM
I've had some frame pucks on my Buell Lightning for awhile now. I realized that I didn't line them up right and it's been bothering me a bit lately. Has anyone taken them off after they've been on for awhile? Does it leave marks or affect the finish of the frame at all?

His_and_Her_Buells
09-25-2007, 06:29 AM
Jeremy, I'm sure that if you can pull them off in one piece worst case they will leave some adhesive behind. You can safely remove adhesive on any painted surface with 3M adhesive remover. Autozone or others usually have it, if not auto paint supply store will. It come in red and white metal can. Hope this helps.

BuellPartsGuy
09-25-2007, 08:24 AM
Yeah, they are just held on by the same stuff car body mouldings are held on with. When we take off the damaged ones here at work, worst thing is just sticky residue.

iRide
07-11-2010, 01:08 AM
I have removed and installed frame puck. You have to break them off with your fingers. The will come off in pieces. If you do use tools, perhaps a razor. Be careful not to damage yourself or part of the bike that is visible. This isn't an east task if you are in a hurry. A whole lot of adhesive will be left behind after you break the old puck off. Use rubbing alcohol and a towel to remove the remaining adhesive once you peel the gunk off w/ a razor. The pucks come w/ instructions on instillation. Have patience. Don't expect it to be a five minute job.

upthemaiden
07-11-2010, 06:37 AM
I just put mine on last night and the instructions said for removal you want to pour some adhesive remover around the edges and let it soak in then start pulling at the corners.

afinley
07-11-2010, 12:23 PM
This thread is 2.5 years old, but yeah, we just used plastic scrapers, and they popped right off. A litle Goo Gone took care of the glue left on the frame.

delta one
07-11-2010, 01:34 PM
This thread is 2.5 years old
LOL
that's what comes of using the search function, lots of old, dead threads have been resurrected laity