PDA

View Full Version : Firestorm fairings on xb12ss?

NewfieBoy
02-03-2010, 04:28 AM
Hey, was wondering if anyone ever switched the fairings from a firestorm and installed them on an xb. I love my ss but wind death on the highway is murder. Anybody have any ideas? Cheers.

browland
02-03-2010, 04:32 AM
are you thinking of the Firebolt? try: http://www.buellxb.com/Buell-XB-Forum/Buell-Firebolt-XB12-XB9/lighting-front-end

dave_xb12r
02-03-2010, 04:49 AM
Yes it's been done, click here (http://www.buellxb.com/Buell-XB-Forum/Users-Bikes/XB12SsR-ver.-2.0)

NewfieBoy
02-05-2010, 05:33 AM
Ya ya, im a dummy....FireBOLT. I dont know where my mind was. Anyways, ya i want that front fairing. Anyone have those front fairings w/ lights and clocks, let me know. I mainly want a fairing to help with the wind.

browland
02-05-2010, 05:51 PM
check www.buellsterparts.com they normally have plenty of fairings headlights brackets and all sorts o stuff used pretty reasonable

NewfieBoy
02-14-2010, 03:53 AM
Ya. Buellsterparts.com is pretty disappointing. They have pretty much everything i need but refuse to ship to Canada. I think thats pretty lame. Crap service. I have offically banned them.

twoguns
02-14-2010, 04:34 AM
i tend to disagree with you there newfieboy. he is reluctant to ship international cause of risk of damage and costs. if you talk to him about it you may have better luck (understanding and accepting risks).

buellsterparts sent a mate of mine a firebolt fairing, headlight assembly and some other bits to oz. when iasked he first said no, but after a few emails he was more than accomodating.

like he says.. 'it can end up damned if i do, damned if i dont!'

NewfieBoy
02-14-2010, 09:15 PM
I emailed him after he said no. Told him id pay extra for high grade shipping and insurance. Its been over a week and no reply. I guess you have to be extra asskissy to get something. I dont know. Im still not impressed.

Jornum1
02-14-2010, 10:04 PM
Thats my bike that Dave linked too. While I did a full firebolt body conversion on the SS, the front conversion is pretty simple.

Everything bolts right on. You just need a few washers to space out where the ecm would bolt onto on the R front end. It sits right in between the top headlight mount and the fairing stay.

I am not sure how well the Ss bars will fit on the fairing though. I never tried it, I just put a firebolt top tree on with the clip ons. The stock Ss bars might hit the faring at full turn. But I am not positive about this.

I bought all my parts used on ebay but the fairing stay. I couldnt find a used one. Buellster has one, but I dont think I paid anything near $125 for even my new one. Maybe I am mistaken, but I dont think so.

For the conversion you would need the fairing, fairing stay, and the headlights.

Also the ignition key will look very out of place without the S housing on anymore.

NewfieBoy
02-15-2010, 02:08 AM
I have the crossroads -7 degree bars on already and love them. Im sure you've seen those. They would work with the xb12r front fairing.
The ignition is a little puzzle but ill figure out something cool.
I would ideally like to order the parts from one dealer rather then a few different places. The shipping is a real killer and waste of money id rather spend somewhere else.
Im going to call my harley/buell dealer and see if i can access the fairing and parts through them

Jornum1
02-15-2010, 03:00 AM
Yes they would work great. Thats actually what I started with. I had crossroads on my ss before I began its transformation. I had the straight ones not the -7 degree, but it wont matter.

As far as the parts, they will be available. There are some dealers that offer discounts on parts. I dont have any experience with them but have just seen them around. I believe Chicago Harley, and Lake Shore both offer 20%.

About the ignition. I ended up getting rid of it and went with a switch in the fairing stay. Then had a second switch hidden under the frame.

NewfieBoy
02-15-2010, 04:00 AM
Good idea. I was contemplating just putting a switch under the seat. Still need a key rite. Its a bit more difficult getting parts here in Canada. Buell wasnt a real popular item here for some reason. Im one of a kind here in Toronto. I can get the parts from Europe easily. But the shipping is a @#$%# and i dont trust the buggers. Id rather order from the USA if i cant get it in Canada.