PDA

View Full Version : twin cycles torque hammer

x1cr
02-03-2010, 03:55 PM
has anyone installed one of these on their 1125? After reading a bunch o'stuff on the net it seems that the torque hammer is the best choice for performance. Man, it aint to cool in the looks department but I'm a function over form kinda guy.
Questions- (if you have exp w/torque hammer)
is there loss of low end grunt?
noticeable power increase?
reasonable installation?
I have an '09 CR- does the ecm 'learn' or does it need to be modified?
just got laid off(glad i got the bike first!) so i'm not ready to buy just yet- still in the research phase.
Thanks in advance

shakeliner
03-07-2010, 01:28 AM
I saw and heard a 1125 r with the torque hammer. I think it is too loud. The dealer in meridian ID said they use a lot of FMF slipons. they say not too loud and about half the price of the torque hammer

fm

triple7
03-07-2010, 02:17 AM
If your willing to spend that much on a torque hammer. Get the Drummer instead. Way better looking, awesome thump sound but not to loud and good gains throughout. Also is made to run with stock ecm, no race tunning needed!

gear2078
04-05-2010, 09:21 AM
From what I have read, the Torque Hammer is the way to go for a smoother running and more powerful bike. 144hp and 123NM torque at the wheel! http://www.twinmotorcycles.nl/artikelen.asp?aid=56

Personally, I think the pipe fits the bike quite well by the last pic. It also weighs about 40% less than stock.

Atle 1125CR
04-05-2010, 12:46 PM
If performance is important for you, the Barker exhaust is an good option. It's cheap and there are dynos showing that it gives a few hp over stock...

Dynos and pictures can be fond in this thread on the buelletin forum and if you are a member you can get 10% discount too:

http://www.buelletinboard.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13430

x1cr
04-08-2010, 12:53 AM
thanks guys- in the performance department i cant find anything better than the hammer- I just saw a stainless TH on a CR and it looked great.
I'll start saving pennies.

JohnnyS999
04-13-2010, 06:08 AM
At first I didn't like the looks of the TH, but the last picture redeemed it (painted black). I think with the rest of the exhaust black the system ought to look good. Besides the performance numbers are fantastic and it sounds good too.

HOW MUCH IS IT?

Makes a hugh difference when you install I great sounding exhaust, I just put a Leo Vince titanium exhaust on my Ducati 999R and the sound is to die for. Too bad LV doesn't make slip ons for the Buell, only problem is cost, them being in the $2,400 range for just the slip on.