PDA

View Full Version : Uly at 2k and 2.5k revs.......... jumpy?

valet
02-05-2010, 09:23 PM
[confused]Why my Uly Juttering/lumpu like a horse betwen 2k and 2.5k on rev counter in any gear? Some one toldme it is quet normal in cold condition +8C.....[confused]

03Firebolt9R
02-05-2010, 10:40 PM
Have you done the breather reroute? That eliminates some of that surging.

Breather mod (http://www.buellxb.com/Buell-XB-Forum/Do-It-Yourself-Buell-Mods/How-To-Crank-Case-Breather-Mod-with-pics)

ridendude
02-06-2010, 12:19 AM
+1 on the breather reroute. It definately helps. ECM tuning is next to make it even smoother.

valet
02-16-2010, 01:31 PM
:)Thank you for your help
I started with replacements of spark plugs I got Iridium. Next one will be breather reroute
I just wondering guys any one experience idle speed dropping and bike stall when first started from cold revs dropping below 1000 and then stall. I have noticed this when I put regular Shell Unleaded fuel. And when I have tried to put Shell V Power all ok runs better and almost without jumping and no stalling.
Any one please help what fuel should I use on Uly? When I had Yamaha I used normal Unleaded from Shell garage no problems what so ever.
:)

Stillonit
04-19-2010, 01:42 AM
I am have similar problems on my 2010,I am taking it to the dealer to have a look. I will post what they find out.

bbletterin
04-19-2010, 10:42 AM
Not sure "jumpy" is what mine does, more like "lopes" at that rpm level. Really bad in 35 to 40 mph sections . I took it as normal & gear down to bring rpms up. I'll be watching this thread to see what people find,thanks.

AdventureUly
04-19-2010, 02:39 PM
I had the same problem with my 07 Uly and after the breather re route and a K&N filter it is tones better.

I always use regular fuel and the only jumping that I get now is at low speeds and is due to the bike now being more responsive and every little twitch on the power causes a jump (or surge is more like it). It could be from going over a drain or bump in the road and your hand bouncing on the power.

I am just lurning to be smother with the power now and more consistant.

The bike feels great now.

dallasb
04-19-2010, 02:50 PM
Your supposed to use 91 octane or greater for any of our Buells. I had the surging problem as well until I did the iridium switch and the breather reroute. Throw in a custom tune and you will feel like its a completely different bike. With my '06 XB9 I can drive around town above 2k without any surging.

Stevenc150
04-19-2010, 04:43 PM
You may just need to do this, it cured this guy's surging/stumbling @ lower RPMs: Curing the Stumble (http://www.buellxb.com/Buell-XB-Forum/Buell-Lightning-XB12S-XB12Ss-CityX-XB12Scg/Cured-the-Stumble)

sk8ace
04-19-2010, 04:54 PM
+1 on what dallasb said. I use 93 octane and have no problems.

barney_1977
04-20-2010, 12:44 AM
Stevenc150-

I read the link you posted and several others with similar style advice. I am however quite a non tech guy. Would the steps listed be clearer to a dunce like me with the bike's service manual?

Stevenc150
04-20-2010, 02:52 AM
Not had to do a "hard" TPS reset before, but if you don't have a manual, check out the downloadable Service manuals via the link at the top of this page. Might not match exactly year/model but it'll work. They're have good illustrations and clear instructions so I don't think it should be too much trouble. You'll know more after looking though.