PDA

View Full Version : Dropped My Baby

shine
09-26-2007, 10:31 PM
So it finally went down after 8 months on my first bike. laugh laugh it happens...lol...

Well i got a question- There is a golf ball size dent on the right side of the gas tank/frame (just past the begining of were the frame come to the fork mount)...Do you think this will be a probably? It still runs no leaks. I cleaned up the little slide mark (no rust).

shine
09-27-2007, 10:42 AM
So anyone have any idea's on weather the tank should be fine?

LeFox
09-27-2007, 10:42 AM
a bit of filler and a local repaint will do the trick...

sh.. happens ;)

zombieBUELLer
09-27-2007, 09:56 PM
thats what you get for having a buell on the golf course!

mrdozer2you
09-28-2007, 05:39 PM
Or just get the Carbon fiber frame covers, or frame pucks and cover it......just another excuse to spend money on your bike [smirk]

Buellme
09-29-2007, 06:51 AM
How much should one worry about a dent in the frame/tank? is there any preventative measures that could be taken, besides the frame covers, to protect from rust? or is rust really even something to worry about?

LeFox
09-29-2007, 08:29 AM
frame is aluminum, so rust shouldn't be an issue...

some paint to cover is up wouldn't hurt, though [smirk]

Buellme
09-29-2007, 06:01 PM
thanks :) ... i figured such but i just got my first bike so i dont know to much yet...

shine
10-01-2007, 12:27 AM
i am actually polishing the whole frame, swingarm, and triple stack, plus a little of the extra pices.. I appricate all the good impute..if i can i will try to upload pic

Buellme
10-01-2007, 04:52 PM
since the frame is the tank does that make it easier to get a salvage title?

1sexynucca
10-04-2007, 01:47 AM
lol wow... I feel your pain... I dropped my bike trying to catch my stupid cell phone that was falling out of my pocket.... luckily the only scratches it had was on the mirror.

devildog3042
11-05-2007, 12:30 AM
i feel your pain too. ive had my xb9r since august and dropped it twice. [sad] the first time was at a gas station when i went to flip my face shield down and the bike started to lean and didnt stop till it hit the ground. that was the day after i got it. broke that little piece that sticks out from the rider footpeg but didnt break the peg, bent the brake lever but it still works so i left it. the second time was a couple days ago when a guy in a pickup truck in front of me had his left blinker on and started to turn left so i started to go around him to the right and he decided he didnt want to turn anymore and cut back right. i swerved into the grass and the bike slid out and went down. this time the peg broke and the brake lever bent to the point where it stuck when i pulled it in. i bent it back and it works fine now and swapped the back peg with the broken front and went to the dealer and got a replacement peg and turn signal cover. (it broke off too, but the signal still worked, i just put some elec. tape on it to hold it up till i got a new one.) im gonna get aftermarket clutch and brake levers to replace the bent one. as for your dented frame, i would find out if the warranty would cover it, but not likely cuz it didnt result form a mechanical problem. but its worth a shot.