PDA

View Full Version : Help Please with race chip

HOVERJOCKI
09-28-2007, 01:23 AM
OK...i'm trying to get the old EMC out to replace with race chip and i can't get the black and grey connectors to release even squeezing the clips on either side which i would assume allow the connectrs to come out...anyone else have this problem or am i just the unlucky one.
Cheers
Justin

BuellPartsGuy
09-28-2007, 01:54 AM
Sounds like you might have some corrosion on the connector. Pick up a bottle of contact cleaner and soak those plugs down, and hopefully that will free it up.

HOVERJOCKI
09-28-2007, 02:07 AM
I'm really not mechanically minded so just doing this over the last week i have assumed i came close to screwing up my bike connecting it to the computer and it sounding weird...due to low battery after connecting too long, so i have been really hesitant about this whole process.
So what you are saying is just spray the 2 connecters from above over the wires and let it soak through the connectors.....feels like they are glued in....starting to get the impression i'm not supposed to do this.
Thanks mate, i'll give it a go tomorrow.
Justin

HOVERJOCKI
09-28-2007, 02:44 AM
BuellPartsGuy.
Is there a particular contact cleaner to use..brand name?
Just been to pepboys and they have nada....
Really appriciate your help.
Thanks alot mate.
justin

BuellPartsGuy
09-28-2007, 05:39 AM
Most auto parts stores have electrical contact cleaner. The brand isnt a big issue. Just spray it on the connector on both sides and let it set a bit then try to separate them.

buellxb12stt
06-04-2011, 01:11 AM
I just bought a buell xb12stt. It had stock ecu wen i purchased it. I bought the racing ecu from erikbuell site and installed it. Now my bike shuts off when idling. Any thoughts? I did what ever directions where on the racing ecu and it still shuts off by itself Thanks

Stevenc150
06-06-2011, 07:31 AM
Get back with EBR if you haven't already. Their customer service will take care of you though they stay busy so be persistent. Let us know how it goes.