PDA

View Full Version : 1125R Exhaust

Crewdog
02-10-2010, 09:45 PM
Back again with another question. I am looking at the HMF slip on for my 09 1125R. Has anyone installed one and if so what kind of sound and performance did it give? I am looking for something with a little more sound but not too loud. In the past I have taken aftermarket mufflers and made my own inserts to quiet them down a little. Are any remaps required to run this type of muffler with or without an insert? Thanks much! Crewdog

agfish18
02-12-2010, 03:59 PM
I just purchased an FMF pipe for my 1125R which I hope to have installed by today or tomorrow. I dont know that there is much difference between the pipes, but I will post what I learn from mine. Dont know if it will help much, but they seem to be fairly similar designs.

agfish18
02-16-2010, 06:06 PM
so, the pipe is much louder, I have set off a few car alarms by driving near them. appears to have a little more torque and HP. Overall,I am pleased! it isnt as loud as the D&D pipe, but I didnt want deafeningly loud, just something mean. It runs a little on the leaner side, but not bad. Hopefully my ECM will fix that.

Crewdog
02-16-2010, 10:42 PM
Thanks aqfish18, I think i am going to try the HMF and see what happens. Will let you know. Crewdog

RT Performance
02-16-2010, 10:56 PM
Been searching mufflers awhile
http://www.motoworldonline.com/view_cart.asp
cheapest i could find them no shipping
I hope to get the barker late this week early next