PDA

View Full Version : Scg for Vertically Challenged?

Pluto_is_not_far
09-28-2007, 04:26 PM
Ok.. I think most of you got the idea of the topic, but i ll give you a more accurate picture of what i mean. :)

I am 5.2 (1.60m), 62kg weight.. i am a man physically strong enough to hold any motorbike ...IF my feet touch the ground in any way! :D I am not a new biker. I am 31 y.o. riding for the past 16 years so i can claim i am experienced if that matters (i heard that Buell bikes are not ideal for new bikers).

I am planning on buying a new motorbike these days, searching while paying full attention on seat heights of the bikes, and how wide the seat is.

I came across Buell site and i was amazed by how low the seat of Scg seems to be so here i am in front of you to discover where the "trap" is. The problem is that i live in an island, pretty isolated to find an Scg to give it a shot whether my feet reach the ground or not, so the only way to check it is ...Pay it.. Order it.. Get it.. and if it is high enough for me, i should sell it.

At the moment i am riding a CBR125 which is 776mm seat height while the SCG is 726! I tip toe the CBR both feet, and nearly flatfoot it on one foot only, which is not a problem for me. No adjustments have been made on it (shaved seat, suspensions etc).

Do you think it is worth trying Scg? I ve read in post around here the forum that a 5.1 person couldnt even touch the ground with this. Is the seat wider than i can think of?

Any tip would be ok. Even guesses :)

Thanks in advance.

mrdozer2you
09-28-2007, 05:24 PM
i am riding a CBR125 which is 776mm seat height while the SCG is 726!

I think you may have answered your own question [up]

Pluto_is_not_far
09-28-2007, 05:28 PM
Mmm.. I have seen bikes 10-20mm shorter than others, and the results are exactly the opposites [confused] ..

But maybe you are right.;) It shouldnt be a problem.
Thanks

Somthngfrce
09-28-2007, 10:34 PM
Here's my 2 cents. I wanted a Buell fromt he getgo. I was also told that the Buell wasn't for novice riders. i took a riding class and was told that either the 9 or a 12 were too much bike and I would end up killing my self. Instead i got a 750 Shadow. Well I have been riding for about 2 years now and saw an opportunity to jump in and picked up at Xb12S. I regret not getting the 12 from the start.I also agree with mrdozer2you. You did answer your own question on seat height. Also, I think you should go and sit on one if you are able to find one near where you live. If it feels right (seat hight wise) and you like the bike, by all means jump in. I know I wished I would have sooner. I have 3 bikes at home. I have an 03 VROD, an 03 Shadow that has some custom work on it and a stock XB12s and I will always go ride the Buell all day long!

His_and_Her_Buells
09-29-2007, 03:41 AM
Mmm.. I have seen bikes 10-20mm shorter than others, and the results are exactly the opposites ..

Like you said in you first post, seat width will also comes into play. But nonetheless you should be OK. Also since you don't weigh much either you be able to take out spring preload to get it to squat a little.