PDA

View Full Version : 2004 XB12 Plastic

capscrew
10-13-2006, 02:41 AM
i recently purchased 2004 XB12S. And the plastic on it is yellow. I assume that the color is from another bike, like the XB9. I want to sell the plastic
and replace it with the translucet Blue plastic. My question is. What year did the blue translucent plastic come on
signed
capscrew@ SG2848775@aol.com

paperclip
10-29-2006, 01:36 AM
If I am not mistaken the translucent stuff did not start until 2005. I am not sure but I do beleive they would be a bolt on installation on a 2004 model

matchbox20fan3
10-30-2006, 02:29 AM
Yes, I believe you are right about that, I was thinking about doing that to my Buell also.

BuellPartsGuy
10-30-2006, 11:18 PM
All airbox covers are the same. The Hero Blue Started in 2005 On the XB9SX "City X" It came on later models in the "Kick Ash" also. The translucent colors are only on the City X and all airbox covers from City X's have a X tank bag protector on the air box cover.

I priced out a full body work conversion for a City X set up and it runs about $600 including the chin spoiler. Any body ever want to order a set let me know, I'll hook you up ;) lol

Buellman
10-31-2006, 02:52 AM
I think the new buell XB12S comes in a translucent orange. They also have a translucent red. I heard that the plastic used to make the translucent plastic tends to fracture and crack after some weathering. I'm sure it looks super bad ass for awhile, but thousands of scratches later it might start to look bad. I'd like to see pictures of the trans plastic after about 2000 miles.
http://www.buellxb.com/orangebuell.jpg

buellxb
10-31-2006, 02:58 AM
BuellPartsGuy - Feel free to add url's to your buell stores website if you have one. If it's good I will add it to the buell links page. If any one's interested in becoming a Mod for the forum let me know. email me at jeremyrde@yahoo.com

BuellPartsGuy
10-31-2006, 04:05 AM
I forgot about the new ones that come in the translucent colors...oops my bad [sad]

and well my dealers site is kind vague to the Buells, but you can find us from it..

http://arrowheadharley.com/

paperclip
10-31-2006, 12:40 PM
I think the new buell XB12S comes in a translucent orange. They also have a translucent red. I heard that the plastic used to make the translucent plastic tends to fracture and crack after some weathering. I'm sure it looks super bad ass for awhile, but thousands of scratches later it might start to look bad. I'd like to see pictures of the trans plastic after about 2000 miles.

I have actually heard the opposite. The only one problem I have been advised about is the dirt that accumulates on the underside of the covers. It is not flattering to say the least.

2Evil4U
10-31-2006, 03:55 PM
So those new airbox covers are actually see-through? I just thought it was a candy-type paint. (I've only seen the advertising pictures.)

That gives me an idea. Anybody out there have access to a vacuum-forming machine? It really wouldn't be difficult to whip out completely clear airbox covers out of acrylic. Hell, even the air filter cover could probably be done fairly simply.

buellxb
10-31-2006, 08:34 PM
I have about $1.5 million in injection molds for plastic flower pots that I use to run one of my businesses. Flower pots (http://www.indoorflowerpots.com)
I could possibly make anything that would be a popular item and sell various molded products on this site if I can get some brainstorming and or rough CAD drawings for such. ie fly screens, fairings, etc. We also get lots of fiberglass pots from China so I might be able to have other cool stuff made. I'm open to suggestions.

2Evil4U
10-31-2006, 10:58 PM
That's freakin' fantastic! I want a full set of plastic in the green faux marble.[up]:D

BuellPartsGuy
11-02-2006, 03:05 AM
I want my entire bike in wood grain please. I am thinking cherrywood, for that red tint....lol :D

07xb12rblack
02-13-2007, 12:50 AM
Im looking for the translucent red ,I looked on your company site but didnt see it

BuellPartsGuy
02-13-2007, 01:53 AM
My companies site sucks. Its basically just to find out where the store is located.

Part Number - M1224.4ACMCC

Price - $206.00

buellxb
02-13-2007, 02:27 AM
BPG, keep me in mind if you guys need a new website. My team can create much better websites than Buellxb.com. This forum is pretty much my personal skill limit.
Check us out Slingshot SEO Corp. (http://www.slingshotseo.com)[up]