PDA

View Full Version : Smoked by a GSX-R 750

azsnow
10-01-2007, 10:32 PM
Well, its official, my brother has a 2007 Suzuki GSX-R 750, and he smoked me like a pack of kools! His bike is all stock, and I have a 2003 XB9R with a race kit and modified air box. I thought for sure that I could at least beat him through the intersection, but no dice! Plus his bike handles as good if not better than mine, and I have race tuned the suspension. Well I guess I could look on the bright side, my insurance is cheaper!

JSW07
10-02-2007, 03:33 PM
I think its funny how nobody has commented yet, so I will break the ice here...I realize that the Gixxer (sorry I swore) 750 is a really fast bike but I think its safe to say that you need to work on your holeshot!

BuellPastor
10-02-2007, 04:21 PM
As for me, I don't really care. I've had some very fast bikes in the past, but I enjoy this one so much more. With my last bike, I was breaking the law by the time I got into the fun zone (in the bike's powerband) with this bike I have fun and stay within or at least fairly close to the speed limit.

dmp0001
10-02-2007, 04:32 PM
I jst replaced a gsxr 750 with a xb9s, the gixxer was faster, but I dare you to have as much fun without going at least dubble the speed limits. if all you want is to go fast the gsxr is for you but if you have any style at all you may want to look elsewhere

JSW07
10-03-2007, 04:42 PM
I agree with BuellPastor, I had a gixxer 6 before this and my XB12 is WAY more fun for a number of reasons 1. it pulls hard off the line 2. I don't HAVE to break the law to have fun 3. Its a unuiqe bike 4. It has a Harley Engine 5. not everyone has one 6. its NOT japanese 7. its confidence insipring 8. I could prolly beat a japanese 600 off the line and to see his face would be priceless! Thats just the beginning of why I love it so much!

azsnow
10-04-2007, 01:44 AM
My hole shot is fine, the problem is I ride a 9 and it takes a bit to wind up, on the roll, I keep up with him for a bit, but then he is in his sweet spot, and its all over. With a 12 its a different story. Don't get me wrong, I am a Harley man to the bone, but compared to the XB series, the GSXR is a better bike all around. Your argument of style trumps all is the same one that AMC fans used with the Javilin.

JSW07
10-04-2007, 02:26 AM
I dis-agree, the XB is way more bike!

JSW07
10-04-2007, 02:29 AM
There is NO way that 750 with its straight 6 has as much off the line as your 900 v-twin. Again...practise your holeshot then race him again!

azsnow
10-04-2007, 05:01 AM
Have you ever riden a 9? Do you think I just started riding? BTW the 750 is a 4 not a 6, and it has more power and torque than my 9. There is a reason that the 900 v-twins were put up against the 600cc 4-cylinder class, and not the 750 class.
GSXR:
http://www.dragtimes.com/Suzuki-GSX-R-Timeslip-11769.html
1/4 Mile ET: 9.799
1/4 Mile MPH: 138.270
1/8 Mile ET: 6.330
1/8 Mile MPH: 114.360
0-60 Foot ET: 1.507
XB12R:
http://www.dragtimes.com/Buell-Firebolt-Timeslip-12970.html
1/4 Mile ET: 12.096
1/4 Mile MPH: 112.950
1/8 Mile ET: 7.700
1/8 Mile MPH: 93.220
0-60 Foot ET: 1.942

Couldn't Find any official time slips for the 9, But its about 0.5 to 1 second slower than the 12.

Its not just Buells, Ducati runs its V-twins in the same classes. Hopefully the new V-twin Buell will be offering will be able to compete with the fours of the same cubic inch displacement.

As for the 750 not having as much off of the line, the 9 has a shorter stroke than the 12, this equals less low end torque, go ride a 9 and you will feel the difference. It may wind faster than a 12, but then again the 750 with its shorter stroke and lighter weight internals will wind way faster and higher than the 9, hence the 13,000 redline vs 6500

LeFox
10-04-2007, 10:07 AM
buell isn't about going fast, it's about the fun & the corners...

i can bet you that the buell will overtake the gsxr in a long corner.

i can pull away from every jap when cruising @ 3000/4000rpm...but he will overtake when i'm shifting.

also, don't go comparing a race 4cyl with the streetracer the xb9 is.

JSW07
10-04-2007, 05:17 PM
Its true LeFox, it not about speed, its about 1. useable power 2. corners 3. just plain fun... all of these combined make my XB12 5 times the bike my Gixxer ever was!

You ever been in love with a bike before? LOL

The Japanese bikes have never made sense to me...a track bike with a race bike seating position made street legal on roads with speed limits, seems odd! I'm not going to deny it, I loved the pull of my Gixxer above 4000rpm, but I think I love my Buell more because its power all the way through!

dmp0001
10-04-2007, 06:06 PM
of 1/4 and 0-60 times are all you are about the gsxr is for sure a better bike for you, but I will keep my buell as 140mph is more ticket than I can afford

JSW07
10-04-2007, 06:16 PM
There you go, 1/4 times and 0-60 times are things that don't belong on the street, those are what the gixxers are made for but On The Track!

azsnow
10-05-2007, 02:16 AM
I have ridden them both, The GSX-R 750 is a better all around bike in my opinion, even in 100% stock form, it beats out MY modded XB9R in all aspects, handeling, acceleration, top speed, (even though I don't even come close on the GSXR, only went 110, on accident, and have hit the rev limiter on the Buell while merging on the freeway)and comfort, with the same rider...ME. I had to extend the pegs and buy the "touring" seat for my Buell so I could stand to ride for more than 30 miles, as I stand 6'1" I love my Buell, but I am not going to make excuses for it either, its slower, heavier, and parts are more rare than for the GSX-R 750 plain and simple, but most of all, I have to drive 30 miles to a dealership that may or may not have a part I need, the suzi doesn't have that problem, I think its only two blocks to the nearest cycle gear. Love your bike, and ride it, just don't make excuses for it.

JSW07
10-05-2007, 03:08 AM
Handles better huh? I bet to differ!

mrdozer2you
10-05-2007, 06:50 PM
The one thing that is wrong with the jap bikes is that they inspire "over confidence". They are easy to ride, which is why people have so many accidents on them. The Buells on the other hand you have to "learn to ride". My Buell reminds me of sitting atop a gyroscope, the bike wants to stay upright, while cornering it takes a great deal of body shifting and speed control to get the bike to lay down. Where on a jap bike, a slight lean is all it takes for the same result. Which is why im saying that jap bikes make people over confident. They take corners way too fast thinking that the bike can do it, but the lack of feedback proves otherwise and they end up in a low slide. Where on a Buell the feedback is awesome [up]. You feel the road like no other, you know straight away if you are coming in to a corner too hot.

LeFox
10-05-2007, 07:41 PM
I have ridden them both, The GSX-R 750 is a better all around bike in my opinion, even in 100% stock form, it beats out MY modded XB9R in all aspects, handeling, acceleration, top speed, ...
if your buell handles worse than the gixxer, your setup is wrong...

I had to extend the pegs and buy the "touring" seat for my Buell so I could stand to ride for more than 30 miles, ...
looks like you bought the wrong model...
of all my bikes, the buell gives me the most comfort...
longest run: 13hours of riding (with a few toilet/drink brakes) and no hastle/pain what so ever.

I love my Buell, but I am not going to make excuses for it either, its slower, heavier,...
slower...depends in what. the buell is faster & beter in what it's made for...

...and parts are more rare than for the GSX-R 750 plain and simple, but most of all, I have to drive 30 miles to a dealership that may or may not have a part I need, the suzi doesn't have that problem, I think its only two blocks to the nearest cycle gear...
you knew that before you bought one...

;)

JSW07
10-05-2007, 09:12 PM
I thought you were going to jump on me for being a jerk LeFox! LOL looks like we get along just fine!

dmp0001
10-06-2007, 05:12 AM
some times the jap bikes do feel like they are going faster, but in the apex of a corner look down at the speedo and I think you will be surprised how fast you are actually going compared to the jap bikes! over confidence is right, just sitting on one makes you feel faster (but not go faster) it is the opposite with the buell, it takes effort so you feel slower than you actually are

dmp0001
10-06-2007, 05:22 AM
plus, if you compare dynos of the 2 stock bikes you make WAY more power until you have to shift! @ 2000rpm you are already at 45ft tq, the gsxr750 is @ about 30. he wont even get to 45ft until around 4500rpm when you make close to 58ft and when you peak at around 80hp @7500rpm he is only at 65hp. at this point you shift and he goes on to make over 130hp at 12500rpm. you should be able to be faster than him until that shift! and in the twistys you have the advantage because you just pick a gear and go

Das Bolt
10-07-2007, 01:55 AM
I'm gonna go with Azsnow on performance here,the Gixxer is just a better bike.Thats not a bad thing,you just have to look at it for what it is.My Buell handels well and is fast for an air cooled v-twin,when I make performance upgrades I take that into consideration.I'm never going to be as fast as a stock GSXR1000,but I am the fastest Buell on my block.And the Suzi-Q is only fast until next years model comes out.

LeFox
10-07-2007, 08:29 PM
I'm gonna go with Azsnow on performance here,the Gixxer is just a better bike.Thats not a bad thing,you just have to look at it for what it is.My Buell handels well and is fast for an air cooled v-twin,when I make performance upgrades I take that into consideration.I'm never going to be as fast as a stock GSXR1000,but I am the fastest Buell on my block.And the Suzi-Q is only fast until next years model comes out.
performance isn't just top speed...
if your buell handles worse than a gsxr, there's something wrong with your setup.

dmp0001
10-07-2007, 11:38 PM
or you?...

JSW07
10-08-2007, 01:34 AM
Again...I agree with LeFox!

LeFox
10-08-2007, 09:04 AM
Again...I agree with LeFox!
stop kissing my butt!!! :p:D

azsnow
10-09-2007, 07:25 PM
If infact the Buell outperformes the Suzi in the corners, then shouldnt it be able to beat it on the track as well as the street? Why is it that the XB9 can only run in the 600cc classes, and the XB12 can only compete in the 900cc class? You don't see any v-twins in the litre class, because they cant keep up. If you have to fight the bike to lean it over, how do you justify that it handles better than one you don't. Notice I only compaired MY skill level on BOTH bikes, not a pro rider to the average joe. If the Buell handles so good, why was that one of the redesignes that they incorporated in the new bike? Oh, thats right, because it was too heavy. I bought the R because on the S I felt as if I were sitting about 8 feet in the air, plus it was a great deal. I bought my bike originaly to make it into a chopper, but thought about it and decided that I didn't want a broken back along with a sore ass! Like I said before, I love my Buell, but it is not as good as the GSX-R

LeFox
10-09-2007, 07:53 PM
snow...like i said...

stop compairing aircooled vtwins with 4 cilinder watercooled rev machines!

i don't know what you have on your bike, but i do not have to fight to get my bike into a corner...
and also, due to the fact that the weight is centralized, i can go faster in the corner.

look at all new bikes and see what they are all doing with the pipes...they are all placing them under the bike.

and what redesign in what new bike are you talking about???

Das Bolt
10-10-2007, 12:20 AM
So it's all about the set up,huh? Fair enough not to compare engines,liquid cooled apples to v-twin oranges and all that.I never said my Buell handles worse than a GSXR,maybe it does maybe it don't.But what are we debating here?A bike is more than the sum of it's parts,even IF the Buell does corner better than the gixxer,how long can it stay ahead?The Suzuki has more h.p. and is lighter and it's handleing don't suck.Maybe on some roads you might have an advantage,but over all?I could probaly beat a Hayabusa in a race through rushhour Boston traffic on my mountain bike, but it doesn't make it a better bike even if the suspension is tuned.And if a bike takes effort to ride fast how is that a good thing?How long can you put that "effort" in before you get tired and make a mistake?

MPea3
10-10-2007, 12:38 AM
dmp001: Your comments on torque, power, and rpm ignores the fact that torque, unlike power, does not take into account for gearing. If both the Buell and the Gsxr had the same gearing then it would be relevant, but they don't. At pretty much any given speed in the optimum ear, the Gsxr will out-accelerate the Buell. What the Buell has is a powerband that's easy to ride. Beth *loves* the fact that on her bike she doesn't have to worry about what gear she's in constantly, she can blast out of the corner regardless.

For anybody who is interested in the best performance, do your homework and buy the bike which fits that bill quantitatively. For those who want to ride the bike they like, make your decision, regardless of whether it's a Buell or whatever. More power to those people, they'll enjoy themselves.

mezap
10-10-2007, 12:54 AM
Why does it have to be a pissing contest anyway? The buells a v-twin, with pushrod technology, air cooled, comparing it to an inline 4 cylinder with dual overhead cams is pointless. One of the reasons the cops are getting upset is because of street racing. Have you tried to ride on the tail of the dragon in N. Carolina lately? It gives ALL bikers a bad name, and whats the point? 9 times out of 10 theres no prize involved, way too much risk, if you want to go 150 mph you should go to a track anyway. Look guys, its simple: If you are having fun, stay on the machine that causes you to smile. If your not having fun, make the change. Life is too short to work so hard just for bragging rights. Asnow, dude you have every right to be happy with the machine you ride. If you like the Gixxer better, maybe you should trade. But like Eric Buell says on his sales CD, "how often does the average rider go 150 mph?" And if you are happy with your buell, man, don't give it a second thought! You have nothing to prove and at the end of the day YOU are the one you are going to have to live with. And if its all about smoking your brother, go him one better and get a gixxer 1000. He'll never be able to touch you. (But puh-leeze! take it to the track!!:))

maybebuell
10-10-2007, 02:46 AM
this is funny..the buells are lame they cant hold there own against any metric bike..not even close..so relax....you can only compair buells to buell...dont all get up in arms when a buell gets it ass kicks...theres other reasons to own and ride a buell...they look cool as hell...and they look cool as hell and thats about it...and thats all the reason you need..there not faster quicker or more dependable but they cost a lot more...there in a leage of there own......and maybebuell came to his sences and bought a vmax..everyone goodluck ..ride safe....its better to look fast then pull the trigger against a metric and get your ass kicked

azsnow
10-10-2007, 10:27 PM
Exactly! I love Harley power, but they are not the best engineered machines on the road! That V-max is a bad bike, have fun with it! I wish they still would continue to produce them.

maybebuell
10-11-2007, 02:20 AM
thanks az.........still produceing the vmax..lots of bang for the buck..i enjoyed my harley power also 113 with 127tq 118 hp...was never a riding the twisties guy..like going hard and straight light to light or highway...vmax brought a lot of fun back into riding again...handles pretty well also i was surprized....ride hard and safe AZ

azsnow
10-11-2007, 08:11 AM
From what I heard, 2007 is the last year of the V Max in its current form, have you heard or seen something different? Its not listed in the 2008 model line up either.

maybebuell
10-11-2007, 10:48 AM
i get ya...new model vmax coming out soon.....people been waiting a while..you could be right....2009 model in late 2007..

maybebuell
10-11-2007, 11:11 AM
ment late 2008...cant fine edit button lol..some say it wont happen

maybebuell
10-11-2007, 02:30 PM
dump your talking power on the dyno both at 2 000 rpm or 4000 rpm that has nothing to do with power delivery in the street,,,both bikes going down the highway at 70 mph whatever your rpm is at...the 600 is probably 3 to 4000 rpm higher..wheel speed bottom line
those are the numbers to look at ......im riding a bike now with same hp and 50 lbs less torque and its twice as fast...higher reving machines will kick ass thats just the way it is..having fun within the speed limits the buell is all you need...far as twisties and corners go....thats up to the rider with the biggest balls and skill level..skilled rider will out corner any rider here. no matter what buell or metric sport bike he rides

dmp0001
10-12-2007, 07:46 PM
http://a1264.g.akamai.net/7/1264/1354/a3055969211e9e/www.buell.com/en_us/news_events/pdf/BikeTop50.pdf

http://a1264.g.akamai.net/7/1264/1354/61c6a5cf78fab2/www.buell.com/en_us/news_events/pdf/PerformanceBikes.pdf

you guys seem to konw all there is about anything...but check out these 2 articles about how the buell compares to other "better" motorcycles. and I would take you any time on anything against my buell in the twisties!

zombieBUELLer
10-12-2007, 08:40 PM
i love my buell. i also loved my KZ1000 ... my CBR600f2 ... hell i even loved a GS550 at one point (ha!) ... apples and oranges my friends.

i would ride the piss out of this Vmax (http://thekneeslider.com/archives/2005/10/20/new-yamaha-vmax-from-tokyo-motor-show/)

thanks for the read dmp!

Have fun on that Vmax!

maybebuell
10-12-2007, 09:23 PM
dump good luck going around the twisties,,you wont take me on . i want no part of the twisties..man could get hurt that way

azsnow
10-12-2007, 10:48 PM
Yeah, I read that article, being that it was written in 2004, and all of the bikes have been refined since then, except for the XB12, its still the same. (And wouldn't you know, it came in 4th place, against smaller bikes (600-992cc)!) Now that the GSXR is much improved I can't see the Buell gaining on its heels anytime soon. I guess we will see what the 1125R has in store. This post was originaly intended to just convey an experience I had with my Buell against another bike, a better engineered bike! Tell me again what bike came in first in the article on cornering? Oh yeah, it was the GSX-R600! And I was smoked by a GSX-R750, wourld of difference in three years of development.

maybebuell
10-13-2007, 01:49 AM
AZ you just like starting trouble :D....nice thing about a buell you dont have to keep up with power sport bike craze...its in a leage of its own..,,you can feel all the motor has to offer in a short amount of time in all the gears and still be doing less then 100 mph..nice set up for the sport minded in the street....1/4 mile times are good also.....the metrics are freaks cant compete against them street or track......its all about how a buell or any bike tweeks your mind and thats the bottom line

dmp0001
10-13-2007, 04:58 PM
azsnow, you might consider reading the rest of the article... the gsxr only won in one corner the buell won overall, over and over it is always the fastest in the corners and the jap bike mags downplay the results because they are a bunch of sissy babies that don’t know what to do with that 45* lump of a motor leading the sportbike riders to think that the trilogy of tech idea isn’t big, but if you can read the results, clearly put the buell as the king of corners!

maybebuell
10-13-2007, 09:53 PM
king if corners...you going to ride in circles....every corner, twisties you will be farther and farther behind..hell for that matter a 250 track bike would out corner everything...Still dont get your point fastest in corners..what where the lap times...thats the bottom line.......next time in burger king get one of those crowns and tape it to your helmet..so when the 600s blow buy you,,they will know your the king

dmp0001
10-14-2007, 04:38 AM
the buell had the fastest average lap time, and I think there might be a gsxr forum someplace that you wouldn’t get any arguments on which is better but on this site the buell beats all!

maybebuell
10-14-2007, 11:59 AM
thats right on this site the buell should beat all.... im with ya on that one....

LeFox
10-15-2007, 05:11 PM
next time in burger king get one of those crowns and tape it to your helmet..so when the 600s blow buy you,,they will know your the king
problem is, after he passes by (on the straight), he will stop to have a second look at my cool bike :D

i won't look at his since i see his on every street corner :p

maybebuell
10-15-2007, 09:16 PM
i can see your point :) and i do understand on the street there are situations were the buell can put a scare on a 600..

LeFox
10-16-2007, 09:08 AM
at the end of the day you have streetbikes & racebikes...

a world of difference which can not be compared.
especially a aircooled 2cyl with a watercooled 4cyl.

the xbs is a pure streetbike
the xbr is a more sporty (mostly looks) streetbike
both are made for street use.

others mentioned, like the gsxr is a racebike
made for the circuit and belongs there.

we can stay and keep on debating this matter, but will always end up with this conclusion.
if you really want to compare bikes, you should also chose a race buell, the xbrr & the new 1125r

dmp0001
10-16-2007, 04:36 PM
agreed!

azsnow
10-16-2007, 10:25 PM
When one of those bikes are available for the same price as a GSXR, we will compare them. The GSXR is not strictly for the track, I am not talking about a race version of the bike, I am talking about a bike that was purchased from the dealer for $11,000 out the door.

Das Bolt
10-16-2007, 11:34 PM
Your right,for the money you get way more performance out of the Suzuki.But maybe you should look at it with a different perspective.How does the Buell look alongside,say a Ducati sport 1000,or any of the other air cooled v-twins?

maybebuell
10-20-2007, 01:04 AM
buells look dam good next to the ducati on the street...can they compete with the ducati on the track...wouldent matter to me if they can or cant...buell seems like a better street ride....that dry clutch is a turn off sounds like over priced crap

mrdozer2you
10-20-2007, 12:45 PM
....that dry clutch is a turn off sounds like over priced crap

Its funny you mention that. Was at the last bike night in Royal Oak Mi, and parked next to a Duc. Let me tell you, it sounds like crap and nearly drowns out the exhaust!!! You hear the "pings and clanks" over the exhaust!!!!! Absolute poo poo and my one turn off to ever owning a Ducati.

dmp0001
10-21-2007, 02:20 AM
I have a 98 duc monster I just bought to restore for my brothers birthday (hes turning 18) its nothing compared to my buell but the dry clutch does add charicter to the older ducs, I kinda like it about the bike

LeFox
10-21-2007, 05:07 PM
When one of those bikes are available for the same price as a GSXR, we will compare them. The GSXR is not strictly for the track, I am not talking about a race version of the bike, I am talking about a bike that was purchased from the dealer for $11,000 out the door.
even when coming from the dealer, the bike is still made for the track and then they adjusted some things to make it street legal, since they need an X amount of production bikes before they can enter the bike for race use.
the 1125r should be round that price range...

maybebuell
10-22-2007, 09:01 PM
can i get some help on how to quote...no quote button am i missing something...wouldnot be the first time ...lol....with a sound like that id be in neutral every light

LeFox
10-22-2007, 09:36 PM
can i get some help on how to quote...no quote button am i missing something
qoute button is between the 'image' & 'code' button

that is just under the smilies and above the message box.

maybebuell
10-23-2007, 10:32 AM
qoute button is between the 'image' & 'code' button

that is just under the smilies and above the message box.

thanks man...may be time for glasses

devildog3042
11-09-2007, 10:55 PM
ok, so the gixxer is a better track bike. all i know is i got an IMMENSE feeling of gratification when today a gixxer decided to cut me off on the highway and we went at it in the upcoming twisties. his image in my mirrors just kept getting smaller, and smaller and smaller...

devildog3042
11-09-2007, 10:58 PM
beside that...off the subject a little...i just spent two years in japan....didnt see a single jap on a gixxer. something fishy, i must say.

devildog3042
11-09-2007, 10:59 PM
maybe its cuz they know we are the only people stupid enough to buy a bike with a 1 year shelf life...........

XBear9S
11-27-2007, 05:25 AM
yawn...

Robtk! a.k.a. "SpecialK!"

"A skittish motor-bike with a touch of blood in it
is better than all the riding animals on Earth..."
--T.E. Lawrence

azsnow
11-27-2007, 10:02 PM
One more comment about this, and I am done, its an old subject. If the XBRR is such a great bike, why cant it compete in the liter class? Oh thats right because it doesn't have a prayer! I love my Buell, but when it comes to all out performance, the japs have us smoked! All we can do is speculate untill the 1125r comes out, so until you have some real world numbers or experience on it, keep dreaming.

buellxb
11-28-2007, 01:27 AM
I hear that the 1/8 times are better for the XB12 than a GSXR 1000. Here are some YouTube videos for anyone that cares to watch. See for yourself who wins. Neither video does much to solve anything, just worth watching.

Buell vs. GSXR
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oEy8U4sgSjQ

Buell vs. Ninja
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g-tK36LhWEs

From the "If Buells didn't exist" post, I would have a GSXR 750 if I couldn't have a Buell.

If you want a bike that catches the eye of a 13 year old girl, get a CBR, Ninja or GSXR. Just don't get caught on MBC's Dateline. If you want a unique, fun to ride motorcycle that other sport bike riders drool over, get a Buell. (That is unless you had a Buell and then traded it for a GSXR)

If I was over 6', I would probably ride a GSXR though.

azsnow
11-28-2007, 03:36 AM
Don't get me wrong, I love my Buell, bought it to make a chopper out of it, and then changed my mind after riding it for awhile. Today some old fart on a Goldwing kept on my tail for about 14 miles at about 90 mph, and then followed me to the gas station just to see what I was riding. He said it sounded great and had to see what it was. Thats not the kind of attention I wanted, but I guess its better than doing 10 to 20 because she's 15!

LeFox
11-28-2007, 07:47 AM
One more comment about this, and I am done, its an old subject. If the XBRR is such a great bike, why cant it compete in the liter class? Oh thats right because it doesn't have a prayer!
because it's an aircooled vtwin...

snow...like i said...

stop compairing aircooled vtwins with 4 cilinder watercooled rev machines!

jackson08
11-28-2007, 11:20 AM
do they still make suzuki sidekicks, classic--not:D

badbandit12
11-29-2007, 12:47 AM
ok I have a few suzukis love them. 04 gsxr750, GSXF1200, gs1100. the GSXR is a great handeling bike on the scales 391lbs. It is faster than my 04 xb12s strait line . But in the mountains I can hand the GSXR its lunch on the xb both have M3's dam sticky tires both have stock suspension. GSXR 56" wheel base XB 52" wheel base you do the math.

dmp0001
11-29-2007, 10:56 PM
today I pulled up to a stoplight next to a gsxr1000 when the light turned green we both gassed it to speed away, of coarse he was faster but I figured I'd give it a shot, after about 100 feet the road started to curve and he lost control and laid the bike down. man was he embarrassed!! he was ok but he is going to need completely new fairings and tore up his fork and front wheel. that just goes to show that in real life a gsxr cant look a Buell in the eyes and survive
[cool]

jackson08
11-30-2007, 11:32 AM
now thats some funny sh@t,can,t stop laughing:D:D:D

azsnow
11-30-2007, 05:22 PM
No, all it goes to show is that the guy couldn't ride, nor did he know his skill level and limitations. When a Buell, ANY Buell can beat a GSXR1000 on the track and the street with riders of equal capability, then post something, but untill then, keep dreaming!

jackson08
11-30-2007, 05:36 PM
thought you had your last comment [down]

azsnow
12-01-2007, 03:17 AM
Cant help it when comment such as that are posted

jackson08
12-01-2007, 02:15 PM
you don,t have a clue about that rider, skill level or limitations, i suggest you go buy gsxr1000 and stick it in your ass:)

azsnow
12-01-2007, 03:15 PM
And you have no clue about motorcycles, so I suggest you go blow Eric Buell and try and get a free t-shirt or something.

LeFox
12-01-2007, 06:13 PM
i would suggest that the both of you get on your buell and get some fresh air

;)

BuellPartsGuy
12-01-2007, 07:44 PM
Different bikes are better at different things. Purpose built. Obviously a liter bike is going to beat a V-twin. Doesnt take a genius to figure that out. Compare apples to apples.

XBear9S
12-02-2007, 02:49 AM
I suggest you go blow Eric Buell and try and get a free t-shirt or something

Can you really get a free t-shirt if you blow Erik Buell???
Do ya think he'd sign it?

Robtk! a.k.a "SpecialK!"

"Thunderbolt and Lightning, very very frightening me!"
--Freddie M2ercury and Queen

jackson08
12-02-2007, 04:58 PM
azsnow what a great come back,the great thing about america is you can have your opinion and I can call it sh*t. if he signs the shirt or not ask azsnow,s mom:D:D:D:D:D

azsnow
12-02-2007, 05:12 PM
She said no, but he did when he backdoored your mom and sister!:D

BuellPartsGuy
12-02-2007, 05:26 PM
Wow, now this is an intelligent convo...

Welcome to grade school guys

jackson08
12-02-2007, 06:43 PM
your the rodney dangerfield of the site

BuellPartsGuy
12-02-2007, 09:36 PM
(grabs collar) No respect, no respect

azsnow
12-03-2007, 04:17 PM
Hey its a dirty job, but someones gotta do your mom!:D

JSW07
12-04-2007, 07:33 PM
Here here mezap!

MrOrange
12-05-2007, 12:19 AM
Awesome, mom jokes... game on

eicas
12-06-2007, 05:53 PM
I am replacing my Honda VFR800A with an XB12Ss.

Both bikes have about the same amount of power, but I think that I can be faster on the Honda.

It makes sense, Honda has a V-4, 4 valves per cylinder, 6 speed transmission, higher redline, etc.

There is no way that the Buell's engine can be as efficient an airpump as my Honda. The point is that both bikes are a lot faster than I am, and the Buell is mor fun and a better all around bike for me on the street, .... so the Honda goes.

If I wanted the fastest "racing" bike, I would not have either one.

maybebuell
12-12-2007, 12:50 AM
havent been around in a while :D hanging around the vmax fourm ...wanted to stop buy and say happy holiday guys..in a lot of ways the vmax is like a buell..its not the fastest or the quickest anymore..25 year old technology,,still has carbs...but like the buell its still one of the best looking bikes made...in a strange way i enjoy it for what it is not...and what it was at one time......but look ill still kick a buells ass :D...have a great new year guys......azsnow keep rocking brother

norgetab
07-12-2008, 01:43 AM
mezap,, right on,,,, if i wan to wac you i would be riding a machine i was sure to wac you....a Buell is about something else...

FIDOSOL
07-12-2008, 02:30 AM
Hey azsnow I have a question for you now, car or truck????

And if any of you think of doing another "mom" joke, just remember, YOUR mom is the biggest joke...

06xb9r
07-12-2008, 05:04 AM
This post is old BUT mom jokes are good...
...if they're good

FIDOSOL
07-12-2008, 12:51 PM
Yes this is true...:D

Thaloc
07-15-2008, 05:33 PM
rabblerabblerabblerabble. I dont care if some gixxer can out perform me. My 08 XB12R is the sexiest thing on two wheels. Everybody and there mother has a ninja,gsxr,R1, and ill take all their girlfriends with my sexy ass Buell[cool]

Ls2_Xb9r
06-19-2009, 07:12 PM
Why did you say the Xb9r is heavier than the 750...

The 750 is over 400 dry and the xb9r is around 386 dry.

[up]

yorkshirelad
06-19-2009, 09:36 PM
I had an R1 before I changed it for my XB12s and I loved it, but everyhting got predictable and boring.Ive been riding a long time and had lots of bikes, but I always remember the feeling I had when I first started riding. The feeling of sheer happiness and exhileration when riding in those early days is back. Grin factor 10!!!

only1reds
06-19-2009, 10:38 PM
hey sorry, the word "RULE" was specifically made for BUELL.

Just that simple, "BUELL's RULE".

My 2¢ :D[up]

Dragonslayer
06-20-2009, 03:41 AM
A Gixxer 750 is faster than a XB in a straight line. So what? Anyone can go fast in a straight line. The twisties is what seperates the men from the boys. I've passed several Gixxers. I've had both bikes and I'll take the XB12R over a Gixxer any day.

NorwayBuell
09-11-2009, 10:32 PM
Lets just face it guys. The japs outperform us, but not by far. When you think about the fact that the motorconstruction date back to 1936, when the nucklehead arrived, and of cource the sportster/ k model. Still it does å hell of a job in the buell chassis, mocking the
hitech eastern bikes. Its all about attitude and heart! Its a underdog allright, but i love it!!!

Dragonslayer
09-11-2009, 11:37 PM
Lets just face it guys. The japs outperform us, but not by far.Maybe in your neighborhood they do. Not in mine.

Rocky Bar
09-11-2009, 11:45 PM
Everyone has a choice. I love the feeling of my Buell for the ride and the rush. Over the years had many bikes, the Buell is by-far the most fun. My 2-cents.

dave_xb12r
09-11-2009, 11:45 PM
Lets just face it guys. The japs outperform us, but not by far.

I agree with dragonslayer.

In straight lines at high speed yeah, but I can beat just about any jap bike off the line until 80mph. And in the twisties they have no chance.

GatorBuell
09-12-2009, 01:46 AM
In straight lines at high speed yeah, but I can beat just about any jap bike off the line until 80mph. And in the twisties they have no chance.

I used to think that until a few weeks ago I went on a ride with a few friends. Me and a buddy pulled out on a two lane road at the same time in different lanes and got on the gas. He was on a 1098 Duc, when I hit the soft limiter in second he was already 50 yards ahead of me getting on the breaks for traffic. I love my bike for what it is and what it does for me but Im not naive to think my bike is something that its not.

stopie20
09-12-2009, 11:45 AM
Well, first I cant believe this thread was revived I read through it yesterday and couldn believe the redicoulous arguements I was hearing so I decided it was better not to post, but since its been brought back to life... HERE WE GO.

As some of you know I have two bikes one being my XB12s and the other being the 2006 ZX-10R that my wife rides. anyone who knows bikes knows that theres not much on the planet (production type) that will out accelerate the ZX-10. that being said I rode the 10 for two seasons before selling the wifes 600RR and buying the buell, when people I knew would ask me if the 10 was fast I would respond plainly with "this bike scares the **** outta me" the shift light doesn't come on until around 90mph in first gear!

I bought the buell because I have a fatal attraction to its looks and had to have one. This bike is soo much fun, after a short adjustment period, it does every thing so well its hard to believe that more people dont have one.

Now. These two bikes are not in the same league (this is why cycle world does NOT test them in a comparo) or you wont see a Buell in sport bike shootout. They are not comparable and are built to serve two different types of riding.

The 10 emmulates a RACE bike and is cool to ride and great for someone who has a deathwish, but is more work than its worth to ride on the street.

The buell has great torque = less shifting, handles light and nimble at all speeds, clears RR tracks in a single bound, and the only time this bike challenges it rider is trying to leave a stop light slow and smooth.

Bottom line. BOTH bikes do what they were designed to do and you ( I dont care how fast you think you are ) will never use either one to its full potential on the street.

As far as whats faster? It only depends on the rider and the environment.

Nuage420b
09-12-2009, 04:57 PM
[up] well said stopie. . .rep point

jonhall205
09-15-2009, 04:10 AM
Never rode a buell. Knew nothing more than displacement and a cuple things here and there when I test rode. I remember telling the sales rep to idle it up, that it was about to die. I got on it. An 05 xb12r that I own today. I red lined it a lot not meaning to. Couldn't even hear the motor. Almost the whole ride. Coming off a cbr 600, I thought I was about to be peeled off the seat. Instead I was... kinda disapointed with the straight line speed. I didn't do my research on the power. It wasn't till after I got off and thought to myself what is this bikes' purpose.

I think the secret to the xb's success is uniqueness. Some people like to be different. Me being one. Its not some magical motorcycle that will send you through the twisties faster than other newer pocket rockets. That mainly depends on the rider, tires, and the bike but not solely. I've been down the dragon tail haulin some serious ass on my firebolt but I imagine I could do the same time on a newer r1. I know I will be shifting a lot more but I think I could do it.

I'm not really making a point I guess but I will say I love my buell. It is different and I am different. I sometimes miss the in-lines when I'm hot at a traffic light downtown, but then I hurry to get moving again. I get a kick out of folks asking me what bike I'm riding. People make things too complicated. Wheelbase, torque, rake, and weight is what makes the buell so damn fun to ride, especially through the twisties!

racepro716
09-15-2009, 01:22 PM
Hey stopie...as for you not caring how fast anybody thinks they are...I've won 2 Canadian 125GP class championships, raced amateur for 3 years, pro for 5 years and think I'm a pretty good rider. My old 84 GPz 750 was still a lot better bike then I am as a rider, I'm not even gonna think I could push my 08 firebolt to it's limits. Track or street. Wayne

stopie20
09-15-2009, 03:15 PM
Wayne, that was my point exactly. That all of the above machines cannot be used to their full potential on the street, by even the fastest rider.:D

meetch
09-15-2009, 08:13 PM
wow...2 Canadian 125gp championships, that's pretty awesome RacePro!! any photos of you in action? I loved watching the 125s at Shannonville...

Ronson
01-03-2010, 06:03 AM
I take my XB12 Lightning long to the track at Barbgallow raceway every month (Perth, Western Australia) its stock apart from being an 09 with a set of tuned headers, open airbox mod and a Drummer muffler....I've got the Pilot Power 2CT's fitted.

The circuit is reasonably short with some fast corners, i beat all of the Jap stuff in the corners, and some Ducati's, the Jap 600's can beat me on the straights, and the thou's just fly past...bottom line is most of them don't pull out of the corners as hard as me, can't go as fast in the corners, as for the straight line stuff? well 1250 barrels, stage 3 race head and cams from NRHS will come soon and these will help, progressive springs will be fitted to the front at the 10,000 mile service. Maybe I might hold them off for a bit....but at the end of the day everyone comes to look at my bike at the track days, everyone says it looks amazing, it sounds great, it has almost 90 pounds feet of torque at the back wheel, and it gives me a huge grin, I don't care if I get beat in the straights, I can compete and win in the corners, all of those Jap guys and most of the Ducatis would love my Buell....it makes me smile, and it looks beautiful, its unique, its rare and it is fast in the right hands, but it is at the ned of the day the evolution of a 1957, 2 valve, pushrod V twin motor, and like everything it has its limitations, but on balance I would not have any other bike, all I need to do is work on my corner speed, the other bikes all need a serious facelift and will alwasy look the same....

triple7
01-03-2010, 09:49 PM
I owned a gixxer 750. It would do 60 mph in first gear! Which means to the law abiding citizen, all the gears past 2nd are worthless!!! Last time I checked it was against the law to go over 75mph on the freeway. So why do they make bikes that go over 200mph? Where the heck are we gonna drive them? That bike was a body bag or revoked licence waiting to happen. My 1125R is more fun than that gixxer ever thought of being. Its fun at real man speeds in everyday life. I'm not an Indy racer, I dont have an Indy track, I dont need an Indy car. But its cool to have a 69 camero. Get the picture!

Lohani
01-04-2010, 12:13 AM
all this corner speed vs straight line speed got me wondering how good buell would have done if finish lines were after a series of several turns instead of in the middle of long straight aways

brightbuell
01-04-2010, 01:21 AM
Good point!:D

Ronson
01-04-2010, 08:52 AM
I beleive there are some seriously tuned Buells out there.....my mate came to the track with me last time on his 09 R6.......he openly stated he could not get anywhere near me coming out of the corners....he could not catch me in the corners and he knows how to ride....one of the Directors of the firm (Trackdayz) has an 08 Buell which he takes to the other local circuit (Collie) which is a real short twisty circuit, and he tells me he smashes everything on the Buell Lightning....so I recon if circuits were all twists and turns you would be hard pressed to beat an aircooled sorted Buell in the right hands......and lets be honest, all the jap stuff looks the same, sounds the same, go's the same......no soul....like I said there is always a crowd around the Buell....:D

kyle_dewald
01-23-2010, 04:47 AM
Ronson, nicely put. This may be an old thread, but the Firebolt was ranked #1 in handling. Google it. Second, the jap bikes are everywhere, its like toyotas, they are every where, but are Ferrari's? No. if you want a bike to kick some jap ass, get the 1125R, simple as that, then tell me a v-twin can't kick a japs ass. someone doesn't a thing about their bike....

TooFst
01-24-2010, 05:01 PM
Sorry but I've NEVER repeat NEVER been beat off the line. My roomate has an r1 fully moded and it's not even close. Now once I hit around 30-40mph he's gone. Other roomate has a Swift chopper with a 127 s&s. He's usually pretty close but still haven't been beat stoplight 2 stoplight by anything?!?!?! I'm sure there r things out there that Can do it but I haven't came across any yet

Paniller
01-25-2010, 08:45 PM
all this corner speed vs straight line speed got me wondering how good buell would have done if finish lines were after a series of several turns instead of in the middle of long straight aways
It shouldn't make a difference after a few laps. Think about it, the finish is the lap average, not just the straightaway. If the finish line is after the straightaway, then the faster bike in the twisty section entered the straightaway with a head start. It all evens out.