PDA

View Full Version : CityX advise

Buellard
10-01-2007, 10:43 PM
Howdy all,

I am a noob to both this forum and to Buells in general. I am seriously considering a CityX as a commuter bike. I will be traveling from San Francisco to just outside of Sacramento, CA four days a week (about 70 miles one way). The weather can be extreme with 40 degree difference in temperature. I love the look, the short wheelbase and the low end torque of this bike. Not really sure about the fly screen or lack there of for protection against the wind. I have not ridden in a while and when I did I rode a CBR1000. Naked bikes typically are not my thing but my girl wants to ride with me on occasion and really doesn’t like being on the back of a crotch rocket. I think this bike might be the one for me but would like to hear what you all have to say.

Thank you for any comments that maybe helpful.

BuellPastor
10-02-2007, 12:32 AM
You can easily get a longer fly screen (American Sportbike). I am sure some guys on here have them. I just came off of a FJR1300 and am actually amazed at how stable my xb12s is on the expressway. I was thinking of doing a flyscreen, but since I really don't do very many long rides right now (usually not more than 60) so I don't think I need one. Is that 70 miles all expressway? I have the full Buell set of bags and they work great. I ride to work most days, but I'm only 6 miles away. So I really can't help. I'll do another long ride this Saturday so maybe I can give more feedback.

About your girlfriend - I would at least take her to sit on the bike. My Buell dealer let me test ride the bike, maybe you both could go. I did and became a proud owner soon after.

His_and_Her_Buells
10-02-2007, 01:55 PM
My wife has the CityX and I have to say I don't think the back seat is any better than most sportbikes. That being said, my wife rode on the back of my Long for 1.5 hours and had now problem. There is even a touring seat for the long that makes it even better for a passenger. You will be happy with either one, but it's just something to consider.

Buellard
10-02-2007, 04:07 PM
Mr. Pastor,
My commute will be 70 miles one way and yes it is all freeway. Please let me know how your ride goes and thank you for the imput.

H&H Buells,

Thank you again for the inforation, my girl woul probably only spend short amounts of times on the bike but i do know that them make aftermarket seats that are much more comfy. We did sit on the bike at the dealship but a demo was not available. So, until such time that I can actually ride one, I am going to have to depend on the kind folks here at Buellxb.

Thank you both for your time.

dmp0001
10-02-2007, 04:37 PM
my wife doesnt mind the back seat of my buell at all (for short trips) however, I did replace the stock fabric with textured leather to help her not slide foward, she actually prefers my xb9s to my cruiser

Buellard
10-02-2007, 06:45 PM
How would I find the values of used XB9S and 12S for my area?