PDA

View Full Version : Installing a new slip on exhaust.

AussieBuellRida
02-16-2010, 03:51 AM
Gday from Oz everyone..[cool]
Just wondering what sort of tuning i will need to get done when I buy my new pipe. Lookin at getting the Jardine RT5 or the HPE. I know about the Jardine pro3 electric kit, but is that all that needs to be installed. Let me remind you all again.. im not all that mech minded.. so a little patience will be needed till I catch on. Just found out last night that my daughter needs teeth braces and gonna cost me $6000... **** thats nearly wot I paid for my bike..lol. so the rest of my mod ideas are gonna have to wait.[sad]

SteveTackett
02-23-2010, 12:31 AM
Hey AussieBuellRida, I feel for ya. I went through the whole braces thing when my kids were younger. Maybe you won't have to pay for all of it up front. I paid in installments.

AussieBuellRida
02-23-2010, 01:01 AM
Lol.. cheers Steve.. I hope I can.. then the Mrs cant whinge about me spending money on the bike. Thats much more important than the kids teeth;) .Just kidding.
Spewin.. I need some advice on the slip on's still... anyone..???

TooFst
02-23-2010, 05:55 AM
It's very easy and comes with detailed instructions. Idk about any elect. kit or anythig though. I just kept stock intake and bike runs awesome. A little lean but not much.

RT Performance
02-23-2010, 04:01 PM
Don't buy the jardine pro tune.(was told that buy the dyno oprater at my local dealer)
nearly all off the 1125's are just fine with a slip on.
I decided agianst the jardine there are a few pipes i like better for less money
fmf hmf and Barker.
I not sure if you would save if you can get a jardine local there.
So far every slipon they have dynoed has been good on fuel mixture.
You would be better off to go the ecm spy route if it seems lean later.
More work better tune less money

agfish18
02-23-2010, 04:36 PM
you could also go to ErikBuellRacing.com and have the Race ECM (tuned for the equipment on your bike) sent to you for $250

Ruski1125
02-23-2010, 06:14 PM
I was told by my dealer that they had to install the slip on and reset the air fuel ratio in order to keep the three year warranty valid. Anyone else done this or come across this?

AussieBuellRida
02-23-2010, 08:43 PM
Yeah Ruski... thats what I was told. The dealer i bought my bike from said if I get a new slip on, an approaved HD service centre had to re tune a few things.... But I wasnt sure what they had to do, and more to the point.. if it were true..lol.
Sweet, Thanks for the advice RT.. Hadn't looked at the barker or the hmh.. will give me something to do at work today..!!

leonc69
04-21-2010, 12:23 PM
But retune the bike with what?!? That is the problem I have been running into. I tryed to just install a FMF slip on with stock tuning and all my bike did was throw a code and shut down. I am back to stock setup until I find a program to tune with that my dealer can understand. What are you using to get your bike to run properly with an aftermarket muffler that doesn't leave the engine light on and allows the bike to start? Has anyone used power commander V?

agfish18
04-21-2010, 01:14 PM
I installed my own FMF on my 1125. I didnt have any problems or codes thrown at me. my bike currently has a K&N filter, and the EBR race ECM, but when I originally installed the slip-on, it didnt have the filter or ECM installed, still worked fine. I dont know why your bike shut down. you may need to do a TPS reset, but I have no Idea.

xtreme6669
04-21-2010, 02:52 PM
www.ohiosportbike.com

get the 1125 performance utility for the K&N and slip on muffler.

Stevenc150
04-21-2010, 05:12 PM
I tryed to just install a FMF slip on with stock tuning and all my bike did was throw a code and shut down.Did you try resetting TPS and what was the code?

gypsey
04-28-2010, 06:54 AM
Hi ausibuellrider, i had a custom exhaust system built in south aussie by sidekick performance exhaust sounds great off to dyno soon to see how it preforms ...gypsey.. 2010 1125r.

gypsey
05-05-2010, 09:28 PM
Hi aussie buell rider, when i had the new exhaust system fitted the header pipes glowed red hot in just a short time i took it to the dyno guy down here in south aust, the system was a bit lean at idle but good at high reves, the co2 sensor sorted itself out and the red glow disapeared the system produced more horse power and sounded good !!! I will be making inquiries about a ecu from eric buell racing. im getting excited !!!!

AussieBuellRida
05-05-2010, 11:21 PM
Hey Gypsey...Where you from mate. Thanks for the updates. What dyno did you go to..??? and where is the exhaust joint..??

Ruski1125
05-06-2010, 08:03 AM
Oi aussies, how much was the exhaust? Was the dyno done by a bloke in Victor harbour? I know a few harley riders who swear by him, he even does jappas but is apparantly always busy.

AussieBuellRida
05-06-2010, 10:03 PM
Havnt got my exhaust yet...still havnt made up my mind what I want...!!! Yeah a few guys from work recon hes pretty good too, he comes highly recomended.All I really want to know is...What needs to be retuned for the slip on..????