PDA

View Full Version : WTB: Need a brake lever adjustment screw

Paniller
02-16-2010, 01:59 PM
They just finished preproduction on a 2" drop peg set. Unfortunately, I'll need to adjust my brake lever to match, and they said I may need to grind off a hair of the adjustment screw.

So, if anyone has one I can use as a backup, lemme know. I'd prefer to have a second one before I chop the first.

Thanks

Stevenc150
02-16-2010, 04:30 PM
Have you tried and seen how much movement you've got? You might be fine as-is. Loosening the Locknut (#3) and turning the Rod adjuster nut (#2) so that the Clevis (#4) is pulled up toward the adjuster nut. If so, you've got plenty of thread. Plus, because of the pivot point, a small movement in the adjustment rod is multiplied for the pedal.
- Just a thought in case you didn't need to cut it.

http://www.buellxb.com/buell_images/2339_20100216101813_L.jpg

Paniller
02-16-2010, 06:07 PM
ok, I'll check it out. All they said was "note that depending on the height you prefer your brake pedal, you may need to grind a little off the adjustment screw."

I just assumed I would have to. Maybe I should check it out first. I'm assuming the problem would be that the rod interferes with something up top if moved too far in. Maybe it can't thread all the way without hitting? I'll see if I can go look with a flashlight when I get home. She's in the shed, and there's like 2 feet of snow blocking her in. I haven't been riding to work for fear of black ice on the dark ride home.

If anyone has something laying around though, still let me know.

Thanks for the info